Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

In the few months I've been playing here I got to see Uthgaard hosting several GM events as well as the occasional trivia contest. I've also seen him rezzing people who died because of server crashes. Seemed like an active GM trying to make the server a fun place to play.

As far as him playing favorites or being a douchebag or anything else that some people are claiming, I wouldn't know and I don't care. We aren't paying for this and he wasn't getting paid. I am assuming he was here for the love of the game, I mean isn't that why we are here? yet he had to deal with whiners, cheaters, and bullshit on a regular basis.

Hate to see him go, but I don't blame him for leaving.
Last edited by Deadmantis; 09-02-2011 at 08:57 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

It's a sign of insecurity and arrogance to pay more attention to form as opposed to substance.

Call Uth an ass if you like - but the substantial benefit he was to the server was far more valuable than the petty emotional instability of those who couldn't take a few harsh words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I looked around and could't find any official word. Why is Uthgaard leaving?
I can only go by what he said on the serverwide message that he did as he announced his resignation.

"That he is pissing against the Political wind where controlling and trying to punish the guilty people that have and that continue to use 3rd party programs to give themselves the benifit over those of us that plat PLAY I MEAN PLAY! its all I think about! fairly. His hands are tied where handing out the correct punishment is concerned, and it seems pointless to continue to try and Police something when he has no power to act."

That is not word for word please understand, but its what he was on about.

Peace,

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Does anyone have a log of what was said? I would be interested to read what he said verbatim.

Mriswithe
Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmantis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the few months I've been playing here I got to see Uthgaard hosting several GM events as well as the occasional trivia contest. I've also seen him rezzing people who died because of server crashes. Seemed like an active GM trying to make the server a fun place to play.

As far as him playing favorites or being a douchebag or anything else that some people are claiming, I wouldn't know and I don't care. We aren't paying for this and he wasn't getting paid. I am assuming he was here for the love of the game, I mean isn't that why we are here? yet he had to deal with whiners, cheaters, and bullshit on a regular basis.

Hate to see him go, but I don't blame him for leaving.
I hear he called someone a poopoo head when he banned them and their feelings were hurt, what a worthless gm right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Agreed, would like to know the actual reason he left. Didn't know Uth but he seemed to do a lot, but also seemed to rub people the wrong way, for good or bad.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Kobold

I know for me, I play by the rules, I treat everyone I come across with respect and in the couple times ive dealt with Uthgaard in my 1+ year on this server I never had any issues and he was fair and treated me with respect.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felwithemagi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, would like to know the actual reason he left. Didn't know Uth but he seemed to do a lot, but also seemed to rub people the wrong way, for good or bad.
He left because of the dev/gm corruption & favoritism. My *understanding* is that people banned for cheating have been unbanned for no penalty, but none of the other GMs/devs are coming out and saying it. I'm sure that they will claim that they weren't cheating and they've just been on vacation. Anyway, for a direct quote, goto RNF.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Aviak

The server is taking a massive hit by losing its 'bad cop.' He had a tough job to do and put up with a LOT of whining and bullshit. He did this for much longer than I ever could have. The duties of a GM on this server are thankless at best and downright bullshitty drama on average. So, I thank you Uthgaard for sticking around as long as you did.

That said, I think that this all reeks of a GM sex scandal. Just throwing that out there.
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Uthgaard indeed helped get this server to the point it is at right now. Although not paid, he is here to help and has a certain amount of authority over certain people. This is similiar to a job or a workplace enviroment because the "staff" wants to appear professional. Also there is a ladder of this authority that ends at nilbog and or rogean. Uthgaard is similiar to an employee that brings allot to a workplace and is kinda the backbone of that work place. BUT what happens when that employee over steps what he conciders his "authority". As a boss or a person "in charge" of this server you need to set him straight and remind him that you are indeed in charge of this. Uthgaard simply raged when he did not get the results he wanted. It is similiar to a employee running around and telling the customers (players) about how unfair there policies are. When you think about it from a perfessional standpoint... how much respect would you have for that employee after they raged and left you in the dust? Uthgaard is a GREAT dev. Uthgaard isnt a good GM. I dont understand why Uthgaard doesnt step back and do what he is GREAT at. Develop the server and enjoy playing it. He doesnt have to be the police, he just likes the authority of it imo.

I also saw on one of the posts in R&F that a member of TMO (think it was jjlent - check the post) said he saw the logs of the converstation between uthgaard and whomever that caused him to quit. So Uthgaard raged when he quit, then leakd the converstation he had with the staff imediately? If i am wrong by believing that then i am wrong.
Last edited by Kruel; 09-02-2011 at 10:13 AM..
Closed Thread