Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raise my 2 liter of root beer to you sir.
Real root beer doesn't come in a 2 liter. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerosys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that the raid scene was toxic before but did all these people come back to everquest to just be given everything? What's the point of playing an mmo as dated as EQ where everyone has the same shit. I personally do not get enjoyment out of restricting other players content but i do get enjoyment out of being in a more organized and professional guild that can compete and get those mobs killed it makes it way less mundane.

It gives you things to strive for otherwise it just becomes rinse and repeat, i get that casual guilds want to see content and they deserve to see content but at what expense? This is everquest what were you expecting exactly?

Rotokan R`ex
Over twice the non-hardcore raid scene sharing 30% of the mobs in the 1/1/1 plan. Don't worry, the Hardcores will have the monopoly on 'most chars with BIS everything' for a long-long time.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry, the Hardcores will have the monopoly on 'most chars with BIS everything' for a long-long time.
I'd take one char with BIS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This IS, essentially, the most basic form of the problem. No matter how the raiding rules are changed or manipulated, the top guilds WILL find a way to exploit them and restrict access to as many other players as possible.

Ask yourself - why are we in this current raid crisis? Let me tell you. We're in this dilemma because the casual players, for the most part, are individuals who enjoyed EQ when they were younger (and presumably, had less responsibilities in life) and have returned to re-live that experience. This "experience", for many of us included actually killing raid mobs and actually seeing our own character with their epic!! We could care less that other players out there also have good gear - in fact, many of us probably encourage this kind of result.

Alas, the good players of this community have come to realize that this "experience" is not nostalgic at all. Instead, our enjoyment has been obstructed by a bunch of narcissistic, immature real-life bottom-dwellers that regrettably gain happiness from preventing other people from being happy. This behavior is not conducive to the type of server Rogean had in mind.

Let me explain something to you (this is directed to the "hard-core" crowd), since I know you don't leave your poop-cave very often. If you're a member of TMO, I have come to the conclusion that you are either:

A) A leach to society. That is, receiving some sort of government benefits (wellfare, disability, etc...) or living off someone else (living in a basement eating your mother's home-cooked meatloaf). If this is the case, and I'm sure this applies to many of you, so listen up - you are receiving "free handouts" in real life and have absolutely no room to talk. Take a few hours to mull this over carefully, open a dictionary and find the word "hypocrite" and then come back and start acting like a mature human being.

B) Someone who actually has a real job, and in rare (but disgraceful) cases has a family. If this is you, realize that you are legitimately addicted to a video game and consider seeking professional help. Seriously. I could elaborate on this one, but just thinking about people in this category makes me break out in tears and weep.

C) A high school twit, in which case please, for the love of god, go back to playing on your X-Box.

D) An extremely old person who literally has nothing better to do with their time. If this is the case, then by-golly I apologize for my rant.

The world isn't going to explode if other players start getting their epics, competing in VP and killing Trakanon.

I really hope you guys aren't liberals IRL. If you are, you're the biggest hypocrite on earth. I wouldn't be surprised though, this is typical behavior of Obama-humpers.

LOL that's an opinion if I've ever heard one. Come join my guild and see how many of our Necros, SKs, Wizards, Mages, Druids, and Bards have epics. Out of those that do, lets see how many were *forced* to buy a crucial quest piece from TMO via MQ. Yeah, that's what I thought.

And yes, for the record giving the "casuals" a fighting chance to receive their epics WILL make it better. You probably forgot what this felt like after receiving your 5th epic.

Nice analogy! You're forgetting that this isn't real-life. This isn't even a for-profit game. The server isn't gaining ANYTHING by having you play on it, except of course giving TMO/FE members a good-looking character to wank it to. The behavior of many "hard-core" players on this server are going against the grain with respect to the direction Rogean wants HIS server to go. The masses have spoken - deal with it.

I think that I'm correct in assuming that Rogean is operating under a utilitarian stance. He is trying to make the greatest number of players on his server as happy as possible. As it stands, TMO/FE/IB represent a minority of the server population. He's more concerned with making everyone else happy than you guys. This is perfectly logical.

You're lucky I'm not in charge of the servers. I would send all the "hard core" players to another server where they can battle it out amongst themselves and leave the casual players on this server.

Wrong. This may be true for you, but certainly not everyone.
LOL nice rant. It looks like you spent at least 5mins copying and pasting quotes.

Since you seem so interested in our RLs.
I register Republican. I am far from liberal. I believe that you get what you work for.
College educated
Software developer
My wife is cool with EQ because "she knows where I am." I have a large dick and I lay down the pipe, so I'm a keeper.
I am a mediocre basketball player.
My family of raiders are "HARDCORE!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebBjGp7QOGc
Old 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Am I the only one completely not-surprised that Doraf is a conservative?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only one completely not-surprised that Doraf is a conservative?
LOL
Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Everything you read on the internet is true.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL
Not saying it's a bad thing btw. I understand why people would lean conservative (especially on fiscal issues). I generally disagree with extreme conservatives, but I get where they're coming from.

Red99

Old 01-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Hi, I'm a 23-year-old gymnast from Minnesota. I enjoy scrapbooking, voting, and cutting people.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looked into Adderall? It might help you.
I would love some. I need to focus on some SAN certs and rrefresh my brocade infrastructure. I hear it focus' you like a laser.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Closed Thread