Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default Rogue life

I am just curious what it is that draws people to play a rogue.

What do you rogues do to keep it fun? What is it that you enjoy most about your rogue? What race is your rogue, do you wish you had picked a different race, if so why?
Old 02-20-2017, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Can afk just about anywhere. Can go just about anywhere. Easy epic. Great damage. Little to no responsibility in most group/raid scenarios (aside from CRs)...

I've had 2 barbarian rogues, a dwarf rogue, a halfling rogue of high to max level. They are great to play... they're not really a solo class but can get groups easier than most classes. What's not to like?
Old 02-20-2017, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can afk just about anywhere. Can go just about anywhere. Easy epic. Great damage. Little to no responsibility in most group/raid scenarios (aside from CRs)...

I've had 2 barbarian rogues, a dwarf rogue, a halfling rogue of high to max level. They are great to play... they're not really a solo class but can get groups easier than most classes. What's not to like?
Which race did you find most amusing and why? Did you ever think about playing any other races?
Old 02-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Fire Giant

Horrible first character imo. After you can throw nice weapons, haste item and get your str/dex up high, they're pretty fun.

Rogue was my first character and main until I quit live. I didn't make that mistake here.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Fire Giant

You play a rogue cuz u either want unlimited damage in PVP, or you like backstabbing things in PVE its simple as that really. If you want to sit back and nuke stuff, then go afk while you med up you roll a wizard/caster
Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which race did you find most amusing and why? Did you ever think about playing any other races?
Amusing? Well dwarven rogues are fun due to barrel rolls. Barbarians can slam (on same cooldown as backstab, but it can be used to interrupt casters.)

If I were to roll a rogue today, I'd probably go human or dwarf. Human because there aren't a lot of humans (and there's no human mask) and their armor graphics are usually pretty cool (if you like fashion quest?).... Dwarf because barrel rolls are fun (and I'll never have a dwarven mask), RPing a dwarven rogue is more interesting than most other races, and they have a nice wisdom (comes in handy when tradeskilling.)
Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

If I ever make a rogue - it will be a dwarf.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

I enjoyed Barbarian, because really high starting strength and stamina, and fashion quest doesn't matter because dark elf mask.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You play a rogue cuz u either want unlimited damage in PVP, or you like backstabbing things in PVE its simple as that really. If you want to sit back and nuke stuff, then go afk while you med up you roll a wizard/caster
Yeah that's kind of my sentiment too haha.

I just was wondering if there were particular zones or places rogues liked to sneak around, or things they did that a casual player wouldn't really know about.

The rogue game mechanics are so simple I figure there has to be more to it, that keep some people glued to their rogues. Like some secret rogues-only activities that go on I am not aware of. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Welp,

Rogue is the best dps in the game atm, so groups and guilds always need them. They are the second easiest first melee class to start out with next to iksar monk.. Epic is easy as hell.

My twink rogue is a blast to play. Got a little bit slow levels 32-37 when it started to get difficult to solo... but now that I have level 46 and epic, I can solo easily, and in group my DPS is insane. A lot of fun.