Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Banned

There was a time I believed in classic EQ. I can be more classic than any of you. But we don't have time for classic. We need someone to step in and do what has to be done. Come on guys, if we all band together, no mob will EVER be pulled without auto-fire again. Aren't you guys tired of all this administration? You don't need an administrator, you need someone who gets things done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p99 raiding.jpg (90.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

It's worth noting that some specific servers on Live had unique bind locations and bind rules. FV server had more restricted bind locations. I was on Fennin Ro.

Example of VP Binding (Not Available on P99, Last I checked...a Kunark Dungeon. Blanket "Dungeon" statements don't apply)

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=16&t=3563

Quote:
Another option, if your faction was good with Kunark dragons and not going to change any time soon, would be to bind in Veeshan's Peak. Crazy? It has portals within to the Plane of Sky, Freeport, Swamp of No Hope, and the normal exit to Skyfire. A fairly decent number of options to get around. At one point, albeit far after the classic period, my faction was good so I just wandered the zone. I was also high level so maybe that's why, but I don't remember drawing aggro from the trash mobs. Certainly I wasn't KoS to the bosses. Because PoSky drops down to Freeport that reduces down to Freeport, SoNH, and Skyfire. But I still think its not bad for the Kunark era.
Example of SOE Ninja Nerfing Bind/Bind Locations

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=35

Quote:
No you can not bind anywhere in regular zones either. Try binding yourself near Giant Fort in Bwoods, it used to be possible, but it aint anymore. Ninja nerfed it seems
It looks like binding got more restrictive as EQ went along in the timeline.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's worth noting that some specific servers on Live had unique bind locations and bind rules. FV server had more restricted bind locations. I was on Fennin Ro.

Example of VP Binding (Not Available on P99, Last I checked...a Kunark Dungeon. Blanket "Dungeon" statements don't apply)

It looks like binding got more restrictive as EQ went along in the timeline.
as caster u could not bind urself anywhere ,a mele could not be binded aswell in the firiona vie server .

Aswell in solusek ro server i recall a magician who would sell you coths to castle for 10k, he was kinda infamous because it finished magna charta monopoly in pom cardds stuff(this was velious age)
Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Kobold

100% didn't read through entire thread and have no info to back up but I assure remembering binding at AoW kill spot(left side) as a wizard, porting to old world and manastoneing and gating back.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can also bind in City of Mist which is also flagged as a city, outdoor, dungeon.

He also talks about wandering the zone and being too high level/faction for the trash to aggro meaning it was likely post revamp.

Just tried to bind here on live and it doesn't allow it. Also tried Siren's Grotto (no), Western Wastes (Yes), Dragon Necopolis (No), Temple of Veeshan zone in (No)

Quote:

Tested this one on live too and bound at the giant fort in BW and again inside the fort. Unless they changed it like the guy says, then changed it back.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% didn't read through entire thread and have no info to back up but I assure remembering binding at AoW kill spot(left side) as a wizard, porting to old world and manastoneing and gating back.
Was changed from anywhere in Kael to WL and GD zone lines in a November 2001 patch. It is implemented here early to avoid the exploit of binding in the arena area and not facing any xp death penalties (and bind rushing even though people just do it from the zone lines now).
Old 12-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Yea those posts are recollections from EQClassic made in 2013, not exactly prime evidence. He's also talking about post revamp, which doesn't matter much.

The other post is from 2007 about a very specific area, which is no longer this way on live. I'm guessing the dude is likely mistaken and tried to bind someone else.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any player with a bind location in one of the above zones should have their bind location reset to East Commonlands (or some default safe zone).
It sounds like you are more motivated by greed than an actual desire to see a classic change.
I also notice that nearly all of your evidence is anecdotal not to mention from secondary and tertiary sources.
I dont see proof that this was never classic, perhaps the bind restriction was implemented some time after launch during Velious.
If you're going to post evidence, you better have proof from a primary source for the entire duration of the timeline since your asking for the staff to rebind a lot of players.
Firepot bind was classic for a time and those were not reset.
Shits classic. Deal with it.
Last edited by t3kn34k; 12-02-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Old 12-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Banned

pretty sure the entire point is that it was never possible to bind in temple of veeshan, therefore no one on p99 should be allowed to keep their bind

it's not like firepots at all because it was possible to bind at the firepots for a limited time on live
Closed Thread