Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Default No way to fix Geonid Collective Faction (The Velium Focus Quest)

There currently doesn't seem to be a way to fix Geonid Collective faction on p99.

On live there was a way to fix Geonid Collective faction by having the Velium Focus in trade window with Phenocryst while another player casts invis on you. A successful turn in would give you a faction increase with Geonid Collective. You could go from apprehensive to amiable in two turn ins.

Several mentions about this on ZAM:

Quote:
I was apprehensive to Geonid faction, and have repaired it. Heres how:

Normally everone starts out indiff to geonid collective. When you complete the 1st part of the quest and hand in the Velium Focus from thurg, your indiff faction goes up to amiable, which is required to complete the quest. However if you are apprehensive or dubious, you must do the 1st part of the quest (handing in the velium focus from thurg) several times (2 for me at apprehensive) until you are amiable. if you just hand the focus to him at apprehensive or dubious he will eat it obviously, you need someone to invis you while you have the focus in pheno's trade window, after you are invis'd /con and make sure your indiff, then click give, you gain faction with geonid collective.
When I attempted it I was apprehensive to Phenocryst. I had the Velium Focus in trade window open with Phenocryst and had a guild member then invis me. I got the message about the quest and he returned the focus but received no faction hit and am still apprehensive. Tried it a second time and he ate the focus.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Would like to see if this can be fixed so I can finish the Velium Focus quest.

Thank you!
Last edited by Maelstrom; 12-03-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
quest::emote("speaks to you from within your mind, 'You know the stone! This is wonderful! The fullfillment of the prophecy is now one step closer. The most ancient of the stone tells us that one not of stone will come forth and act as our harbringer of asscention. We believe you to be our harbringer. Please help us!'");
After this step in quest, there is no faction adjustment written in the script.

If there should be, please provide research/links and we will fix it appropriately.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Some links from ZAM:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...02216954755945

Quote:
I just did this quest last night being apprehensive. If you are KOS, there's no way to fix it. I killed a few of the geonids back in my early 40s, but not enough to be KOS.

Bring the velium focus from Thurgadin and a inviser friend to the Phenocryst. Start the trade with him and then have your friend invis you. You get a positive faction increase, and can then do the quest starting from Thurgadin again to get above indifferent. Doing this trick still works after the May 8 patch.

But if you are KOS you'll never be able to uninvis to start the trade. Upsets me that this faction is there and there isn't a normal way to increase it, you have to pull these tricks.

Ludarian
54th Wizard - Vazaelle
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...98040563329129

Quote:
If you have any question about your geonid faction, you can raise it by taking the focus gem to the Phenocryst, handing it to him, having a friend invis you, and THEN click give. This will raise your faction. Repeat this step until your faction is amiable. Took me two rounds to go from indiffrent to amiable. Not bad for having killed multiple geonids. Happy Questing!
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...98639466769914

Quote:
its possible to do this quest if you start at dubious....a gnome necro friend of mine killed a few geonoid before he saw this quest so here is what we did....

did the first part once hand the stuff to pheno and nothing happened so we went back did it all again untill we had the first focus necro put it in pheno trade box then i invised him so he conned indiff to pheno click trade hey presto he got the next item back aswell as taking the faction hit
Old 12-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/f...03739290654175

Quote:
WARNING: You must be indifferent to complete the part of this quest that gives you geonid faction. Do this before you ruin your geonid faction or you might have trouble ever getting it back!

Now, what you are really doing is the beginning of the phenocryst focus quest ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=931 ).

1) Find Normon Stonetooth down in the back of the caves in Thurgadin. Tell him "I will do a favor". He gives you an axe that needs sharpening.
2) Take the axe to Harkon in the shop across from the bank. He will also need "a small piece of velium" along with the axe. (Bonus! This step gives you positive Dain faction, a rare thing.) He sharpens the axe and gives it back to you.
3) Take the new axe back to Normon Stonetooth. Recieve an item called velium focus.
4) Go to Wakening Lands, and into the middle of the geonid caves where you will find a big geonid in the middle called Phenocryst. Give him the velium focus, and recieve positive "Geonid Collective" faction and a smidgeon of XP.

Notes: It is possible to do this quest if you have bad faction, probably not if you are KoS though. It is definetly difficult though, so it is best to "fix" faction in advance. If you will be killing geonid(s) then do this first up to at least amiable. Be careful to watch and stop killing when you are indifferent, and raise your faction again. By some very approximate measures, I believe this quest to "undo" the killing of 4 geonids.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/f...01003005949383

Quote:
I was apprehensive to Geonid faction, and have repaired it. Heres how:

Normally everone starts out indiff to geonid collective. When you complete the 1st part of the quest and hand in the Velium Focus from thurg, your indiff faction goes up to aimable, which is required to complete the quest. However if you are apprehensive or dubious, you must do the 1st part of the quest (handing in the velium focus from thurg) several times (2 for me at apprehensive) until you are aimable. if you just hand the focus to him at apprehensive or dubious he will eat it obviously, you need someone to invis you while you have the focus in pheno's trade window, after you are invis'd /con and make sure your indiff, then click give, you gain faction with geonid collective.

Keep doing this until you are aimable, then say "How can I help you?" If he says hes unsure etc etc your not good enough faction, go back to thurg. If he talks about the stones then you are OK, and can give him the stones to trigger the giants.

Hope this clears everything up

BTW invis/trade trick working as of 01/02/2002

Arkaan
56 Evoker
Bristlebane
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/f...98532488717540

Quote:
ok heres how to raise faction...i was apprehensive to them (cause i killed one or 2 before) and couldnt do the quest..but i found a way to raise faction....first you have to get the velium fucos in thurgadin and than you take it to phenocryst..put it in the trade window but dont press give...than you get a friend to invis ya while your in the trade window than you press the give button..youll get a lill exp and a great faction increase with geonids...i went from app to amiable doing this once....good luck
Old 12-05-2016, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

Turns out the 2nd step after going to Crystal Caverns and handing that focus back to Phenocryst WILL give positive faction with the Geos.

So you can go ahead and remove this bug, glad there was a workaround to it!