Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hi everyone

Old player returning on a nostalgia trip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Forgotten most of what i knew from back in the day, i stopped before Luclin came out. I'm mainly playing just to poke around the old zones, do some dungeons and soak up the atmosphere. I might have been a bit ambitious and picked a erudite SK as my first character (i always liked paineel) , am i going to have issues with grouping and gearing, should i be looking at a solo class instead? See you in game, i play evenings UK time, ill update with character name once ive settled on what im playing!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Aviak

Tanks like SKs are more gear oriented than most other classes, and so you will to some degree have a tougher time with one of them than you would with something else. That said good gear is substantially cheaper here than it was on Live. The best advice is always play whatever is going to be the most fun for you. Extra challenge just makes advancement all the more rewarding.

Welcome to the server!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome Storm. As mgriff stated, gear is really cheap here. Selling 10 stacks of bone chips in East Commons will get you a full set of banded armor. Selling 5 HQ bear hides will get you a decent kunark weapon and shield. So by the time you are level 9, you'll be in good shape. Sk's don't rely on gear for threat, so you don't have to spend tons to be effective. I thought it's also worth mentioning that Project 1999 is a healthy pop server with groups going all the time in XP zones. Most importantly, play the class that you want, not the one some else suggests for ease. It's a long road and playing the "practical" class over the desired one is really ill advised for people that have lives outside of EQ.

Welcome aboard and best of luck!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:36 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome! Erudite SKs are a rare breed, but don't let that discourage you, i bet it will be fun. Just be carefull in erudin around the paladin guild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welcome! I just started back also and have noticed that tanks (compared to anything else) seem to be the rarest.. I'm not sure if they just breeze through the levels and are all higher or if there are just fewer of them (I'm lvl 17 and I rarely see tanks my level at all).
Closed Thread