Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

^^ FWIW, I soloed from 29 or 30 to 35 in Iceclad on my Ranger, then did a combination of wolves there or random stuff in Overthere all the way to 39 / 40. The same rules apply for Druids, technically, although you'll be charm kiting instead of fear kiting (although you can always group with a Rogue and fear kite).

For Iceclad, the cougars are *amazing* xp until 32ish, then still in the "good" or "very good" category to 34/35. Safest spot is by ToFS. There's a long stretch on one side of the island (not the side with the drop) that's free of spawns. In 5 levels, using semi-careful pulls, I think I only ever got 1 add.
For wolves, I found over by the teleport rings to be reasonably safe if you pull to a shore.

At 35, another option is griffins/griffons in the Karanas, if you can find enough to charm - unless you want to root rot, which is an option too I suppose. Or quadding if you can find 4 up at once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

You have to remember that Mammoths in Everfrost are split up in different areas. You have the easier Mammoths in the front of the zone and then you have the harder Mammoths more toward the back.

I would say the split between the Mammoths is the old Shaman temple with the Shaman who sells spells. Go pass him and cross the first ice covered river and these Mammoths are tougher.

Also have to remember that level 30 is the first hell level and it can be a pain if soloing.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Orc

Thanks all for the input. Holidays had me busy all weekend, think I am heading to IC to charm some cats tonight!

Was the money any good while you were out there? I think the cougar claw earring drops from there. Tizmaks in GD are slow and a pain, but the loot is pretty decent.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Loot is not too impressive (yes, rare cougar claw earrings)- mostly junk hides etc. Keep one LQ cougar pelt for this: http://wiki.project1999.com/Cougarskin_Sleeves_Quest
Easy enough to run over to EW and get some walrus meat to finish the quest. Nice little druid arms that have cool velious leather look.

Can also ask some higher level that's hanging around to help you kill Garou if you want too for club quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Mighty_Garou Midnight spawns around there too, so you can get both of them while you're leveling up to get a nice little +7wis club.

But ya not a real cash camp. When I needed cash, I just turned off /anon and ported for a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 12-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, it's not a cash camp at all, unless you luck out on earrings. But it is a quick 30-34 spot, and levels > cash generally.

At 34, with your new spells, you'll have better options. Ports, solo camping gator legs, quadding, etc. all become possible.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The double spawn of split paw gnolls near the hermit in south karana might be good (obviously you can find a big elephant to charm if you want).

Bind at south qeynos so you can hand in their skins when you have a full set of four (good quest xp up to 40s).
This one was my favorite on my druid. A set of 4 skins was worth a full yellow of exp around the low to mid 30's.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

IC cougars are the best, exp is crazy! Then dire wolves around the rings/near the EW bridge. Charm and fear-kite. You don't necessarily have to break charm every time (you can just chainkill forever and it's just as good) but the cougars in that spot are neverending so you can if you want. As a wood elf druid, I am dubious to them without wolf form, but they DO social. It's just easy to med. Watch out for the occasional wandering shadow guardian.

Another place to bridge the gap is OT. With fear kiting you can take on much higher level stuff than others. They really start greening out at low forties right by the SF ramp. By then you can hit CoM (ehhh, if you want) or EJ (more animal charming!).

OR, if you want to stay in Velious, go to EW and find the walruses near the Kael entrance. Similar to the IC cougars, there are lots of them and you can charm/fear-kite. These are KoS to you no matter what, so be careful with adds. They aren't QUITE as plentiful and the spawn time isn't as fast, but they also have a lot more HP and they're mean. It's a big open area full of walruses, can't miss it. For extra bad-ass points, charm a snow griffin and murder them all. There are lots of other animals in EW as well.

Walruses would take you to mid forties, EJ is pretty decent til about 50 (though not exactly the most efficient way of doing it). You can quad-kite wyverns in CS starting around 46 (especially if you have a lumi staff), but there's always a lot of competition for those and you get to AFK for 15 minutes after every quad or so.

If you're into doing weird stuff that isn't your standard quad-kiting or animal-charming, you can go to CS, charm a shark, and aggro-kite wyverns. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Use ensnare and flame lick to keep aggro locked down.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 12-21-2016, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IC cougars are the best, exp is crazy! Then dire wolves around the rings/near the EW bridge. Charm and fear-kite. You don't necessarily have to break charm every time (you can just chainkill forever and it's just as good) but the cougars in that spot are neverending so you can if you want. As a wood elf druid, I am dubious to them without wolf form, but they DO social. It's just easy to med. Watch out for the occasional wandering shadow guardian.

Another place to bridge the gap is OT. With fear kiting you can take on much higher level stuff than others. They really start greening out at low forties right by the SF ramp. By then you can hit CoM (ehhh, if you want) or EJ (more animal charming!).

OR, if you want to stay in Velious, go to EW and find the walruses near the Kael entrance. Similar to the IC cougars, there are lots of them and you can charm/fear-kite. These are KoS to you no matter what, so be careful with adds. They aren't QUITE as plentiful and the spawn time isn't as fast, but they also have a lot more HP and they're mean. It's a big open area full of walruses, can't miss it. For extra bad-ass points, charm a snow griffin and murder them all. There are lots of other animals in EW as well.

Walruses would take you to mid forties, EJ is pretty decent til about 50 (though not exactly the most efficient way of doing it). You can quad-kite wyverns in CS starting around 46 (especially if you have a lumi staff), but there's always a lot of competition for those and you get to AFK for 15 minutes after every quad or so.

If you're into doing weird stuff that isn't your standard quad-kiting or animal-charming, you can go to CS, charm a shark, and aggro-kite wyverns. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Use ensnare and flame lick to keep aggro locked down.
Follow everything Sorn has said if you want to charm or kite but depending on how fast you want to gain XP. I would suggest root/rotting Specs in Oasis from level 39-49. Just slap 'em with a root, esnare and 2 dots and repeat... Most you have to worry about is either root ending or breaking.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Is 27 too early for charming snow cougars? Seems the wiki is not entirely accurate when it comes to mob levels.

Completely sick of WW Forest Giants. Super-boring and crowded. It is a place that has sucked the fun out of everything since 2000. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is 27 too early for charming snow cougars? Seems the wiki is not entirely accurate when it comes to mob levels.

Completely sick of WW Forest Giants. Super-boring and crowded. It is a place that has sucked the fun out of everything since 2000. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 27... I suggest SK for Elephants and then Everfrost for Mammoths.
Closed Thread