Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Large Bat

Default Does this Server Lack Any Particular Class?

Hello everyone! I'm a returning player from 2000, had a delightful 60 Human Monk, Gnome Necro, and Dark Elf Shadowknight from back in the day on Bertox. I was just wondering a few things.

First, I see that there is a pvp server. Is this full-pvp or is it Faction-based?

Second, regarding the blue server if the pvp server isn't Faction-based, are there any classes that have a low population?

Third, is there any board designed for getting people together, matching them up based on level and such? I'm looking to start playing next Friday, seeing as Thursday is the day I'm taking the MCAT, and was hoping to find a couple of leveling buddies. I don't really care what class I play, as I've pretty much played them all to some level, so I'd be happy to complement whatever the other people were looking to play.

Thanks,
Trillian

Trillian - ??
Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Class? depends the definition of:

If you mean Character classes: just play whatever you wanna play. I believe there is a break down list of what classes have what % of usage on server(s) but I'm unsure of its being up to date/validity. Both servers host a gaggle of good players, nice people & other awesome individuals that like to help so it may be best for you to feel it out for yourself & make an educated guess from there.

Hope this helps: http://p1999.dmsimard.com/db/Classes
Old 06-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Red99 (the pvp server) is full PVP with coin loot. Any player can attack any other player within the level range (+/-4lvls). See more here about the PVP server rules: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=148678

Population breakdown on blue has official and unofficial sources. dmsimard keeps /who count logs and provides those to the community, while CSR has provided two snapshots of Blue population, which have been graphed on the wiki. Leveling generally has a shortage of tanks, while end-game generally has a shortage of clerics. However, there are enough of every class that nothing is "needed". If a class has a low population, its because its an inferior class (welcome to Everquest, what balance?).

This "Starting Zone" subforum is probably the best location to get you off the ground meeting people and playing classic Everquest. But don't be afraid the use "/tell" and "/who all lfg" in-game. People are usually willing to check out new places!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

If you do get started on blue, my guild <Rants & Flames> has a ton of lower leveled players to LFG with. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Play whats fun. Hit me up for some starter gear and money. When you hit 20+ is when the classes start to really get fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Aviak

ench - always a shortage and when they hit 60 they either quit, retire to alts forever or end up as farm mules perma camped at chardok/seb NG

cleric - always a shortage of "mained" clerics, being super boring to play doesn't help. When they hit 60 they also either quit or retired to alts forever. 1-46 on a cleric is difficult without some AoE PL lined up or a duo/trio partner(s).

sham/druid/monk - NO, but what if ? .. NO!

warr - If you have 400k-2million to twink with I guess. I wouldn't make one without at least a fungi + rmoy and fbss at very min.. (130k?)

sk - maybe SK, popular twink class but most don't last.

rog/mage/necro - some shortages here , not something people stick with long-term it seems. Lots of necros but most think they are plat farmers. (on a server with shitty plat farm camps)

wiz/bard/ranger/pal - go for it if you're a masochist
Old 06-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Skeleton

Monks, rogues, Shamans = Lots of these classes..

Paladins = Least of

Everyone has a druid port pet..
Old 06-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

There is a teams pvp server in the works.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Play something you know you'll enjoy, or a class you always wanted to try back in the day but never got around to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Full time shaman, bards, chanters, and clerics.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread