Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think I would get it within the life span of the toon really fungi is 100k torpor 120k JBB another 45k... can I earn 260k+pp by 60? lol
Maybe if you solo'd money camps 1-56 then did 56+ in places like seb and got lucky.

Sisters in lfay, Sisters in oot, Treants in SK, Guards in HHK, Hill Giants in a bunch of zones, Ice Giants in Everfrost, seafuries in oot. This path will take forever though as Shaman are not efficient killing things like Giants until we get epic.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

You can't go wrong with shaman races. Each of them has at least one distinct advantage. Barbarians = faster leveling and good faction, Troll = regen, good stats, and close to EC, Ogre = good stats and frontal stun immunity, and Iksar = regen, smaller size, kunark leveling path, and AC bonus that'll mean a lot more in velious.

Even without stun immunity, you're still going to have a powerful character. If I were to start fresh on a brand new server, I'd go iksar *shrug*. As it is, I don't regret going barbarian.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think I would get it within the life span of the toon really fungi is 100k torpor 120k JBB another 45k... can I earn 260k+pp by 60? lol
Oh and btw although I solo'd my way to 60 in just a couple months. I still do not have any of these, No JBB, No Fungi, No Torpor. Although I did complete my epic quest.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bryjun sums this up best on the wiki.

Ogre.

All I'll add is that absolutely any time you get stunned trying to topor, you would of lived on an ogre. They are not even comparable. If the question is about what's the 8th, 9th and 10th best races for a shaman then it's iksar, barbarian, troll. But spots 2-7 are reserved because that's how much better an ogre is.
This is so, so wrong.

Come Velious, I'll take Iksar as the best shaman race. Currently it's Troll. Ogre is 2nd or 3rd, depending on how you look at it.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Think I'll go ogre just because the idea of not being stunned mid cast on anything sounds pretty sweet as well as the melee stats. Was able to pick up a Poison Wind Censer and slime coated harpoon pretty cheap so those should last me a good long while, just need a shield now.
I think people get confused and think that frontal stun immunity means Ogres don't get interrupted during casting.

As a Troll, I've never lost a fight that I would've won had I not been stunned. Regenning close to 50 hps per tick with regrowth + fungi + innate is always nice before Torpor.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 03-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Kobold

FRONTAL STUN IMMUNITY DOES NOT KEEP YOU FROM GETTING INTERRUPTED WHEN BASHED...

So many people seem to think it does.

Troll for
Regen
http://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk
Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Let us consult the master:

Race conclusion:
Troll by far. The two most important racial abilities for the PvP shaman are (in order): Slam, Natural Regen. You might point and say, "but but but, BLART! Trolls have shitty wisdom! And and their resists, well um, they suck cack!!" But you'd be wrong. Read the stats again, and whisper to yourself, "trolls are the best, they really are the best, better than rest". If that doesn't work, go write your own damn guide to misinform the world about the superiority of your effeminate barbarian.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Kobold

If you want to be a wrecking ball, pick an Ogre. If you want to pussy foot around, pick any of the other races.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Barb has JBB + Barb spirit hammer for procs inbetween, along with dots can take stuff down very fast with hardly using any mana
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

I'd rather have stun immunity because no stat or piece of gear can give you this. It's completely unique. There are plently of ways to regen hp and only 1 way to be stun immune. Roll an Ogre.