Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Default Solo spot necro 56+?

I heard lot of info about solo spot for necro 56+. HS entrance (but heard about ht mob at ZI, Com (but even beyond lhrank, lot of lb mobs, so where?), raptor ? (Quad spot, no?), bw giants are heavy camped and lot of lb), so where?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if you can detail me how to proceed (root rot, charm, pet tanking) i wil be very pleased! Thank in advance.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

HS is a treasure vault of experience, but be prepared of a bit of a learning curve and some deaths here and there. Well worth it though for the bold!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Kobold

HS is killer XP, and relatively safe once you get to know the ropes.
TIP: Zone in with harm shield already active to eat those potential harm touches. (Xarn doesn't work as its an illusion and drops once you zone.) Don't aggro the pathing mob to the east.

Permafrost polar bear pits are pretty nice xp as well.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Large Bat

HS is the best xp I think I ever experienced back in the day. There are 2 roamers around the square at zone in and yeah they HT. I would go in with diamondskin up and spam the FD key. Get up when they're in the corners, and charm one to beat the other. Keep DMF up at all times, no matter what. If things get really hairy, you can run off the side and gate as you're floating down.

I would recommend against pulling from the east?(fake stairs, whichever direction that is) wing. Summoning mobs tend to add occasionally, and they're roamers so they don't reset easily after a FD.

Edit: Fighting in HS will make you KOS in the outpost in Overthere very quickly, so be mindful if you want your faction.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS is the best xp I think I ever experienced back in the day. There are 2 roamers around the square at zone in and yeah they HT. I would go in with diamondskin up and spam the FD key. Get up when they're in the corners, and charm one to beat the other. Keep DMF up at all times, no matter what. If things get really hairy, you can run off the side and gate as you're floating down.

I would recommend against pulling from the east?(fake stairs, whichever direction that is) wing. Summoning mobs tend to add occasionally, and they're roamers so they don't reset easily after a FD.

Edit: Fighting in HS will make you KOS in the outpost in Overthere very quickly, so be mindful if you want your faction.
This is corrected with a single raid in VP
Old 12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

KC basement, reverse charm method stolen from enchanters, skeletons.

If I still played, I'd fraps me doing the basement and post it, seems there are quite a few necros coming up that don't know about it. Maybe you could track down a necro who knows what I am talking about and show you the ropes.

also, the skeletons in the basement aren't on OT faction, only the named mobs iirc.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Kobold

Ok thanks it seems that hs entrance is the right spot. Last questions : how many roamers? What. Pill spot?
Loukhum, 49 Ogre Shaman
<Europa>
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbuuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok thanks it seems that hs entrance is the right spot. Last questions : how many roamers? What. Pull spot?
F.. Iphone..

So i can use some details on entrance leveling. For info, I saw lot of threads about reverse charming as well, seems a bit technical / dangerous for me atm[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks
Loukhum, 49 Ogre Shaman
<Europa>
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

The entrance alone is less than ideal for a Necro. There are ten mobs total: two random goo/golem/skeleton/sperm mobs that spawn on the platform, plus one pair of golems at the top of each set of stairs.

The only roamer at the zone-in is one that comes out the east wing door and stands at the top of the east stairs. Do not go on the east stairs. Do not pull to or sit on the east end of the zone-in platform. You can pull the east golems, just time the roamer and make sure he's not around.

To get to the basement, have DMF up and walk to the top of the north stairs, then turn left and levitate down. The top of the little hill, against the wall, is safe to sit without gaining aggro from the roamers. There is a teleporter in the middle of the little house that takes you back up to zone-in. You have a bunch of patrolling mobs in front of you, and two wings of the basement to explore and pull from. There should be enough undead mobs for you to have charm pets all the time.

That should be plenty to get you started. Have a charged Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap and do not hesitate to use it! Spending 180pp to abort a botched pull and having to hammer back and start over sucks, but it's a lot better than losing exp, locating a rez, and possibly breaking back in naked.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Kobold

Learn basement, then move to North. I did 53-59 (and still getting good exp at 59 even with 50% light blue.)
Closed Thread