Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every proposal ive read has made concessions to give casual guilds more targets and a more balanced raid scene, and every one of them has been shit on unless it somehow involves guaranteed kills/attempts which is outrageous.
This is not about why each plan failed. It's about a problem that cannot be solved in the way people are trying to solve it.

No solution has been found because it does NOT exist where people are currently looking. That's the whole point. Only by completely segregating the populations do you address this issue.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

So, how do you feel about Proposition C?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

See my flat point system for a fair system. The incredible advantages of raid guilds negated! 2 guilds cant dominate all spawns. Variance system taken into account. Vp for the top end until 4 guilds kill a mob in there! Scaleable! Spreadsheets!

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer RU486
Old 01-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have...not so much a proposition...more of a proposal
Read here:

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
ASSuming the rotations are properly enforced it does protect many of the little guys in that it protects the mob from predators until they are ready to kill. However, the variance will still put many raiders into a scheduling conflict when their turn does come up.

It's also somewhat complex, and it's not self-policing. Simplicity and self-management are qualities that I think are extremely necessary from any system to prosper. I favor the "protected repop" angle so heavily for two reasons:

1) it is utterly predictable if you tell them ahead of time. 3 days notice? "Honey watch the kids and order a pizza; I'm killing Dragons Thursday night."

2) Semi-regular repops allow players to load all their raiding up into large clumps that are more fun, intense, and they allow you to relax the rest of the time until you're up for another one.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

The funny part to me is, the "hardcore" guys want to compete and normally compete against each other, but as soon as you make it so that they only compete against each other they cry.

You want competition, you are competing against your normal competition and the new systems allow more competition to grow (you just skip a few spawns).

However, the only thing I see is people bitching that these other guilds (who don't even want to play with you) will now be able to take out targets and wear some of the same colored pixels that you are wearing.

If you're crying about not getting the targets as fast, you'll probably find that once Variance is reduced with one of the new proposals (take mine for example) you'll have to spend considerably less time at the computer tracking just to raid.

The server is already beyond a classic timeline being stuck in Kunark, you've already experienced classic EQ raiding, it's time for something else until Velious.

Shut up, accept a proposal and stop crying like a bunch of teenage girls that didn't get the right color Ipad on Christmas, even though you getting a new car for free on your 16th birthday in a few months.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny part to me is, the "hardcore" guys want to compete and normally compete against each other, but as soon as you make it so that they only compete against each other they cry.

You want competition, you are competing against your normal competition and the new systems allow more competition to grow (you just skip a few spawns).

However, the only thing I see is people bitching that these other guilds (who don't even want to play with you) will now be able to take out targets and wear some of the same colored pixels that you are wearing.

If you're crying about not getting the targets as fast, you'll probably find that once Variance is reduced with one of the new proposals (take mine for example) you'll have to spend considerably less time at the computer tracking just to raid.

The server is already beyond a classic timeline being stuck in Kunark, you've already experienced classic EQ raiding, it's time for something else until Velious.

Shut up, accept a proposal and stop crying like a bunch of teenage girls that didn't get the right color Ipad on Christmas, even though you getting a new car for free on your 16th birthday in a few months.
I don't know what happened during my break, maybe it was the drugs, but I find myself agreeing and liking people I used to hate and couldn't stand.

Bravo sir, bravo.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying that my post is some sort of sour grapes? Please elaborate.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

I understand where you're coming from Xasten and I think it's a discussion we need to continue having down the line. The agreement that needs to be made for tonight's deadline though has to be made with the system we have now. That's what the GM's are looking for and so far a lot of the discussions have slanted towards wanting to change the system itself instead of working with what we have.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread