Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:33 AM
Fire Giant

Default Non-shaman epic factioning for tear MQ

I've got a 58 bard with a child's tear in the bank, and I think I should finally do the factioning for somebody to be able to get an epic with it. Any suggestions on what would be the fastest/easiest way to go about it?

I'm not entirely sure if I can actually do any part of the quest as a non-shaman, and the wiki says that some early steps are repeatable to max faction but it's not recommended because of how many times you have to do it, but I don't know how much difference having bard speed would make in repeating those turn ins.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Fire Giant

The main one repeated is talking to the spirit in BB and taking a gem to NFP. Ideally you'd have a druid port you and you'd both be bound in NFP (but you can't gate so you'd have to run from WC every time. Alternatively, you could use a wizard, and he could TL you to your bind spot, but then you'd have to run from GFay. I guess that's up to preference and your friends list. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for being able to...I imagine with the faction song you'd be able to do any of the turn-ins, but I'm not 100% sure. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideally you'd have a druid port you and you'd both be bound in NFP (but you can't gate so you'd have to run from WC every time. Alternatively, you could use a wizard, and he could TL you to your bind spot
There's a better way. Bind at one spot, die at the other. Get a cleric to rez you to go one way, gate to go the other.

If you don't want to do any of that, you can also repeat any other stage. I believe the Ghiosk books give big faction hits, but you have to do earlier parts first to have enough faction. Personally I repeated the part for killing the Rathe mountains guys a bunch, but I'm not recommending that unless you want to do it without help from others.

There's a thread somewhere in the Priest forum where people report how much of step X or Y they had to do to get max faction, which might be helpful.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-04-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Old 05-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a better way. Bind at one spot, die at the other. Get a cleric to rez you to go one way, gate to go the other.
He can't gate though...so he'd need a druid to port him to BB and a cleric to rez him in NFP, and he'd have to deal with rez effects while doing the running around.

Quote:
If you don't want to do any of that, you can also repeat any other stage. I believe the Ghiosk books give big faction hits, but you have to do earlier parts first to have enough faction.
As for this, he can faction song which would most likely be enough to let him do this over and over if he wanted to go that route.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He can't gate though.
Oh yeah, missed that, sorry (normally this sort of thing is done by Shaman ...).

Quote:
As for this, he can faction song which would most likely be enough to let him do this over and over if he wanted to go that route.
If that works the Ghiosk books are probably the best bet. Again I don't remember the exact thread, but it exists somewhere in the Priests forum and I'm pretty sure it showed that the books give the biggest hit.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread