Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

The spell only hits 4 targets I think.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quadding spells (Lightning Strike, etc) only hit up to 4 mobs at a time. They will hit your target + 3 close mobs.

If I could do more than 4 trust me I would!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quadding spells (Lightning Strike, etc) only hit up to 4 mobs at a time. They will hit your target + 3 close mobs.

If I could do more than 4 trust me I would!
Also as a tangential note--the reason druids don't use Rain spells (Blizzard, etc) is because the rain spell is only active where the enemy was when you cast it, even snared they walk out of range of it very quickly.

For some reason, those spells are also tremendously easy to resist and in my experience the monsters resist it as a unit, not individually, either that or I've just been very unlucky.

I have wondered though if it's possible to efficiently do a sort of "duo'ing" kite, since the Rain spells only hit up to 4 times, you could hit two rooted targets near eachother twice for pretty huge DPM. Maybe I'll give that a whirl soon...
Old 05-15-2017, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also as a tangential note--the reason druids don't use Rain spells (Blizzard, etc) is because the rain spell is only active where the enemy was when you cast it, even snared they walk out of range of it very quickly.

For some reason, those spells are also tremendously easy to resist and in my experience the monsters resist it as a unit, not individually, either that or I've just been very unlucky.

I have wondered though if it's possible to efficiently do a sort of "duo'ing" kite, since the Rain spells only hit up to 4 times, you could hit two rooted targets near eachother twice for pretty huge DPM. Maybe I'll give that a whirl soon...
also breaks root very easily
Old 05-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also breaks root very easily
Yeah =( ... I also looked up the mana ratios, even getting 2 targets rooted next to eachother for the rain effect is way less mana -> damage ratio than hitting 4 targets with lightning blast. Def not worth it.

What a bummer, the rain spells are an interesting mechanic that are pretty horribly designed.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah =( ... I also looked up the mana ratios, even getting 2 targets rooted next to eachother for the rain effect is way less mana -> damage ratio than hitting 4 targets with lightning blast. Def not worth it.

What a bummer, the rain spells are an interesting mechanic that are pretty horribly designed.
they work well if you're on blue... but not at all if youre on red, though they do great DPS on an idiot.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they work well if you're on blue... but not at all if youre on red, though they do great DPS on an idiot.
Do you happen to know if they have some kind of resist modifier to be very easy to resist? I was quadding spirocs for awhile, and for fun I'd load up Avalanche, and noticed that it would _frequently_ be resisted against all 3 possible targets on the first wave (second / third waves missed due to mobs moving).
Old 06-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Enjoyable videos! All the "mistakes/mishaps" made it fun to watch
Old 06-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do you happen to know if they have some kind of resist modifier to be very easy to resist? I was quadding spirocs for awhile, and for fun I'd load up Avalanche, and noticed that it would _frequently_ be resisted against all 3 possible targets on the first wave (second / third waves missed due to mobs moving).
yeah i dont know how resist mods work but I do know what spells resist a lot vs what dont and rain resist quite a bit more than regular spells.
Closed Thread