Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I'll sustain on vitamins on 3500cals worth of snickers bars daily to hit my goal of benching 315 in reps since it's all just calories in vs calories out.
Funny thing is a supervisor I once had on 3rd shift would go grab a Snickers from the vending machine up stairs at night occasionally.

One time, we made fun of him because clearly it's a candy bar and not the best nutritional choice you'd think... He told us that essentially the Snickers he was eating was no worse for you than the protein bars they sell for 3 dollars apiece.

Now, I would normally chalk this up as a guy talking shit. But the fact is, he was in his 50s, and still in great shape. He had done a lot of weight training through out his life, and even provided Arnold Schwarzeneggar with security as a side job in the past.

He was no slouch, and generally we all looked at him as a serious badass. If this guy says Snickers are no worse for you than a protein bar, I believe it.

Eat more Snickers.

Just be sure you actually exercise and are active. You can't just eat anything you want, and sit on your ass and expect to look good and be healthy.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
140 at 3% [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and tall
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny thing is a supervisor I once had on 3rd shift would go grab a Snickers from the vending machine up stairs at night occasionally.

One time, we made fun of him because clearly it's a candy bar and not the best nutritional choice you'd think... He told us that essentially the Snickers he was eating was no worse for you than the protein bars they sell for 3 dollars apiece.

Now, I would normally chalk this up as a guy talking shit. But the fact is, he was in his 50s, and still in great shape. He had done a lot of weight training through out his life, and even provided Arnold Schwarzeneggar with security as a side job in the past.

He was no slouch, and generally we all looked at him as a serious badass. If this guy says Snickers are no worse for you than a protein bar, I believe it.

Eat more Snickers.

Just be sure you actually exercise and are active. You can't just eat anything you want, and sit on your ass and expect to look good and be healthy.
I remember standing in my bosses office earlier in my career one day while he was reviewing some project I had been working on. On his desk was a twix bar and a liter bottle of mountain dew. He wasn't much of a man, slightly feminine, 165lbs at best and probably around 6'2".

I remember standing over his shoulder as I listened to him belittle the quality of my work. I stood 6 foot, 225lbs at about 10.5-11% body fat at that point thinking about how easy it would be for my to crush his tiny little head.

Weeks later he died in a plane crash - private plane went down over the Rockies, Big Bopper style. I replaced his now vacant role and started eating twix and drinking mountain dew.

I now have a corner office with a view of the Atlantic but weigh 205 at 16% body fat. If only his plane hadn't gone down or if only he hadn't eaten twix - Still can't decide which is worse.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember standing in my bosses office earlier in my career one day while he was reviewing some project I had been working on. On his desk was a twix bar and a liter bottle of mountain dew. He wasn't much of a man, slightly feminine, 165lbs at best and probably around 6'2".

I remember standing over his shoulder as I listened to him belittle the quality of my work. I stood 6 foot, 225lbs at about 10.5-11% body fat at that point thinking about how easy it would be for my to crush his tiny little head.

Weeks later he died in a plane crash - private plane went down over the Rockies, Big Bopper style. I replaced his now vacant role and started eating twix and drinking mountain dew.

I now have a corner office with a view of the Atlantic but weigh 205 at 16% body fat. If only his plane hadn't gone down or if only he hadn't eaten twix - Still can't decide which is worse.
now THIS is podracing!!
Old 05-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I am suspicious now.

Did you really have to "fix" his plane to go down?

I mean wasn't there enough Twix in that machine for the both of you?

My favorite Scarface quote: Frank to Tony, "never underestimate the OTHER guy's greed!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhxayTf1vVs
Closed Thread