Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

bump, still trying to get duxaUI spell gem window (numbers and spell name) into qqui caster (just spell name). please help
Old 04-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bump, still trying to get duxaUI spell gem window (numbers and spell name) into qqui caster (just spell name). please help
Was bored, so I modified Beezertwelve's Duxa Inspired Spellbar to have numbers for ya.

It's pretty close to the original Duxa one, just slightly smaller.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedleyKow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was bored, so I modified Beezertwelve's Duxa Inspired Spellbar to have numbers for ya.

It's pretty close to the original Duxa one, just slightly smaller.
this is perfect! thank you very much
Old 04-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

having an issue where my rez boxes are not showing up? Any idea what the issue/fix coudl be?
Last edited by Zemus; 04-27-2017 at 07:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having an issue where my rez boxes are not showing up? Any idea what the issue/fix coudl be?
When I had a piece of the UI not showing up for me in the past it turned out it was that the location of it was off the screen.

You can either figure out where in the UI_CharacterName_Project1999.ini file the location of the res box is and change it; or if you have another character with the same UI setup, then you could do what I did and just copy and paste the contents of the UI file from another character.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Hey guys,

Any way to get the Target window display all the targets attacking you and not only the one you're fighting against ?
Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi Cucumbers, thank you for managing this great UI. I made a couple of tweaks and thought I'd post a screenshot here.

After installing qqui I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be great if the individual UI elements were the same height as the hotbutton windows so they could all be lined up like an autist's bookshelf?" So I set to mucking with Everquest XML with these results after several false starts and dead ends.

The Actions Window has been extended with EQTypes 70, 128, 24 and 5 added to the newly added real estate to show Player HP, Mana, Weight and Strength (EQType 25 reports MaxWeight but it doesn't receive buff/debuff color styling in the Actions Window like it would in Player Window while Strength does and is drawn from the same number).

The Player Window was resized and the aforementioned EQTypes were removed. I enabled the fatigue bar just because I had the space available. The autoattack animation was resized to fit--I still don't understand why the TGA dimensions needed to be 136x66y in a 144x67y window but it works.

The Group Window was tweaked slightly to stack up cleanly with the Player Window to add up to 228 pixels.

------

I stumbled across a number of arbitrary rules by trial and error. I'm sure Cucumbers already knows all this but in case another noob like me decides to take a stab at messing around in EQ's XML, here's what I found:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ub?output=html

A Google doc that includes the known EQTypes sorted by type.

An EQType can only be called once. For example, if you tried to show Player HP in two different windows (or possibly the same window--didn't test this), the UI will error out and fall back to the Default skin.

The client will only allow a variable number of /load <skin> commands before it crashes. I think this was a bug but it makes testing a real PITA.

If you call an EQType that the server doesn't support (added post-Velious, perhaps), the client will chain-crash when loading the character.

As a general rule, certain functions work properly only in their intended window.
For example, if you place MaxWeight in the Player Window, the client automagically colorstyles the font depending on current Strength status. If you call MaxWeight in another window, the client doesn't colorstyle it.

Player Window is apparently the only window the client will allow the autoattack animation to work in. I found this out when I had the idea of placing the animation around the Target Window: the animation is ignored and nothing happens.

If you try to style Player Window to act as Target Window, the Target_HPPercLabel doesn't clear when Target is clear so you always have a "0" hanging in mid-air.

I also had some trouble trying to implement some of the Anchor elements from AboutSIDL.doc. The Top and Left anchors worked fine but setting RightAnchorToLeft to false and then setting a RightOffset should set the object the offset distance from the window's right side, according to AboutSIDL.doc ("If true, keep the right side of this window a fixed offset away from its parent's left. Else, keep it a fixed offset away from its parent's right."). This doesn't appear to work or I misunderstood it (quite likely).

Misc: UIErrors.txt reports that the Buff Window wants Buff_Background.tga. This is the file that duxaUI uses with the big black-in-blue buff numbers. I haven't bothered to see if I could safely pull out references to that particular TGA from the Buff Window code. It would be nice to have no numbers whatever.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tweaks.zip (7.2 KB, 40 views)
Last edited by Donkey Hotay; 05-17-2017 at 07:13 PM..
Old 05-29-2017, 03:23 AM
Orc

Default Pet Window

Anyone have a mod of the pet window that resizes it to the same width as the player window?
Love the ui , just love to get that empty space around the pet window shored up when the pet window is in line with the rest.

Much appreciated
Old 05-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Orc

Default And....

I thought about it some more , if i can somehow figure out how to make the target window the same size as the player window , and the pet window as bug as the group window, ( i am using the tweaked ones from the post above mine )

That would let be 3 sections that are all the same height as the hot buttons.

Could put the target over the pet window, the player window over the group window,

Making it fit together nicely.

I have only ever modified clickies (changing from one slot to another).

Something else that would be nice , would be to add a page to the player stats window that had clickies on it.

I know , i want to do alot with very little hehe.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:09 AM
Orc

Here is a screenshot of how im using the ui. You can see in the center , the pet window and the target window are out of proportion.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]