Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Banned

If you done the camp you would understand how Rare.plus dotb plus epic will be better then any weapon.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When epic offhand comes out you'll get drums bonus plus epic bonus at same time. There's no reason to even use a primary weapon. You'll do more with dots +offhand hits plus all the song bonus including resist and oos minus selos.

The wording on this needs to be clarified, im not 100% certain, but to me it would be you can have both equipped, and the highest MOD will work, so 2.6 on say Fulfils, and 1.8 on the 3 other songs you are twisting assuming they aren't percussion.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:34 AM
Banned

correct. and thats awesome you can have both drum mod that high and epic for rest of instruments at once.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
correct. and thats awesome you can have both drum mod that high and epic for rest of instruments at once.
Meh, I know my vewpoint is mostly for raiding, a little bit with grouping with guildies and rarely for anything else. So it all reverts back to -2 RM, and -3RM, and the -3RM is meaningless since slow will land 99.99999% of the time once any mod% of fulfils lands.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 AM
Banned

probably so, but outside of raiding, its beautiful, and even then what are you gonna put a kriezen flame in and pretend to dps? outside of raiding atleast youll do more dps with dots with drum and still get bonus's to rest with epic, and still melee swing too!
Old 02-19-2017, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

Drums are rare enough to fetch the price but it's still not 'worth' the price. It is a luxury item only. They don't mod your dots or debuffs high enough over selos drum. If dps is all oh really care about best to just use raw instruments unless there are multiples in camp.

3 chants
Brass dot/slow
String aoe dots

I used to do this farming seafuries when bored - can twist in 72dps in dots with a store bought horn, maestros lute, and a walrus drum.

As has need discussed in other threads though, there are more useful things we can do with our time and more important songs to load on our bar
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 02-19-2017 at 06:03 AM..
Old 02-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

If you look at 200k items for a bard... what else are you going to get? I've seen people drop 50k on illusion items, 100k on HE illusion, and wear COFs. You don't need elder beads b/c you can use Singing Steel Helm. I don't want to drop 250k on gaunts that give 50 more hp, or 800k on a mask that gives you 50 more HP than a Eyepatch of Plunder?

I've tried camping this and understand why it's so expensive. It's a pain in the ass, perfect group can Duo it or trio but it's more efficient with 4 or more. The mob is rare and Drums of the Beast aren't dropping left and right.

MH is a great bonus, you can put in Epic or Axe of Resistance in OH to get huge upgrades in stats, makes swapping easier, and has highest mods for damages and OOS etc. Not saying you need to spend 200k on this to rock epic in offhand or make weapon instrument swaps easier... but if you're a strong main bard or high end raider I think it's a strong item and you'll get your moneys' worth with it. I'd put it on same level as ZHeart for most casters (maybe higher priority for necros) or Elder Beads.

I think this may go up in price once Epic works OH but there are only so many bards in the world and only so many bards that can even afford these types of items... so I'm sure it will eventually fall in price. Still though, Selo's Drums still going for 25k after being in game for 1000 years so who knows. Either way... I'd say well worth it for 200k.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

I have it and like it. I traded an AoN for the drum + some platinum. I thought it was worth it.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp00888 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand why Dotb would be a sought after item but 200k+ is insane imo
200K for a BiS?
Old 03-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

DOTB price is definitely headed much lower, imo. Probably closer to 100k in the next 6 months.

There was a guy trying to sell them in EC for at least 3 months, pretty much everyday. There's just not enough demand (new bards hitting 60/bards that have 200k to blow) to sustain that price. The asking price has already dropped 30% from the 300k area in just a few months.

These drums may be rare, but as has been pointed out the mob can be duo'd where as Selo's drums drop off of contested dragons that only spawn once a week, which is likely why Selo's drums price isn't much lower.

Edit: Also, if the SG's nerf ever takes effect here (was supposed to be before Stonebrunt release in timeline) my understanding is the drums will be far easier to obtain, probably crushing the price very quickly. I quit live before SG revamp though so I'm just basing that on old live posts.
Last edited by Triiz; 03-06-2017 at 02:48 PM..
Closed Thread