Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus

Can't wait for daybreak to relaunch to p99 code and everyone fucks off
Old 05-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean yeah, you have a guild once your established on the server. But what about when you first start out and have 0 affiliation with anyone. Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit. I feel like that is what happens to the large majority of people that try R99. Versus Sullon Zek where all the people you are leveling with are on Evil team and can actually get some levels before pvping.

Just my opinion. I think team pvp makes for a healthier environment for the general masses. I feel like R99/FFA pvp is for the hardcore which is why it's such a small population.
I dunno, I came up on RZ and it was fine, but also it had item loot on, so it only took one death and that asshole with a fungi was a guy with no chest item. Here with no item loot, people are free to put the most insane droppable gear onto their little twink with no fear of repercussion. Of course, the downside of the RZ way is that anyone that was wearing their pve gear would spend all their time in pvp bagging their items as fast as possible instead of actually fighting.

In any event, I've leveled a bunch of characters on R99. I've been killed sometimes, but it's nothing like you fear. Every now and then some twink could shut an exp group down, especially in MM and CoM, but you could always just play a different character for awhile, or grab your corpse (LNS if necessary) and go find a different zone to level in. Even that was rare though, mostly the twinks are just an annoying, and the REAL griefing starts at level 56.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean yeah, you have a guild once your established on the server. But what about when you first start out and have 0 affiliation with anyone. Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit. I feel like that is what happens to the large majority of people that try R99. Versus Sullon Zek where all the people you are leveling with are on Evil team and can actually get some levels before pvping.

Just my opinion. I think team pvp makes for a healthier environment for the general masses. I feel like R99/FFA pvp is for the hardcore which is why it's such a small population.
There's literally no penalty for death

There is no real grief on this server anymore why wouldnt you play here

Or do you need a 400 player darkie security blanket??
Old 05-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's literally no penalty for death

There is no real grief on this server anymore why wouldnt you play here

Or do you need a 400 player darkie security blanket??
man you're an absolute idiot.

Server needs penalties for pvp deaths.
Server needs the ability to grief (get over it you nudnick)
Server is vastly under populated for 4 years of kunark and now 5 years of velious.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server needs the ability to grief (get over it you nudnick)
Server is vastly under populated for 4 years of kunark and now 5 years of velious.
Why, and do you not see the connection between #1 and #2?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit.
I never understood this argument -the frequency of pvp deaths on red compared to pve deaths on blue are fractional at best
Old 05-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood this argument -the frequency of pvp deaths on red compared to pve deaths on blue are fractional at best
People don't like getting ganked: seems pretty easy to understand.

It really doesn't matter what the exact ratio of deaths are: when your options are "the server I get ganked on one out of N non-PvP deaths", or "the server I never get ganked on", it's pretty obvious why the population is distributed the way it is.

And then if even one of those ganking is from a de-leveled fungi-wearing griefer, it really doesn't matter what the ratio is, because just once is enough.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-15-2017 at 05:35 PM..
Old 05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Get over it. If you had any fucking ability you'd get ganked once maybe twice and move on. It happens, but you're a blue loser that likes easy games.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I honestly believe that the reason r99 has such a low population is because its a FFA pvp server. I played on Sullon Zek back in the day and absolutely loved playing on a team pvp server. I would've played on a pvp server here as well except that its a FFA server. The idea that anyone can kill you is a HUGE turn-off and I feel is a deal breaker for many, including myself.

I would quit blue in an instant if they released a team pvp server. Even if it ended up being the same people from r99, knowing that a portion of the server is on the same team as me makes pvp a lot more tolerable. Knowing that 1/3 or 1/2 of the population can't swoop in and kill me I think makes it a lot more enjoyable.
Holy shit what a pussy
Old 05-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

The loser part was uncalled for in the blue world sorry. You are just not good at this game. Thanks for playing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread