Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Default 55+ Shaman solo spots?

The guide above says "evil shaman solo 56+" or w/e, but ironically he then later writes (paraphrasing here), "once you are 55+ you should know where to go."

Well, not exactly sage advice.

I know about IGs in EF, I know about group places like higher floors of COM and of course KC which bores me to death. I also know about Sebilis as a good group spot, but is there anywhere a solo shaman can go other than IGs?

Taking my shaman off shelf want to try to lvl him up, I just want alternatives to Seb, and really that's the only group spot I would consider I hate COM and I hate KC even more.

Any suggestions that are a little more modern than what is available on the forums would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

I love to promote the Per-Level Hunting Guide, and in this case it has a bunch of ideas because I'm a shaman and I added most of them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On Loramin I did a lot of Howling Stones, but you might be too low for the basement. If so you could duo it (necros are often interested in this) or you can just solo the entrance. It's marked as 57 in the guide, but I think that's a little high; the tricky part is just surviving 0-2 harmtouches when you first zone in, and then it's simple root/rot ... and if you zone-in at a popular time you don't have to worry about HTs at all because someone else will have cleared them. Likewise Sol B imps are probably too high to solo just yet, but a duo should work well.

For just soloing Kedge has some fun loot and a good dungeon XP bonus, but you need a Fishbone Earring (don't do it with EB unless you use Gina or something, because Murphy's Law guarantees it will fade at a bad time). Same thing for Chardok, and it's not underwater (but it does hut Chardok faction, and the revamp is coming someday). If you want boring and mostly loot-less XP there's Skyfire or Eldak Howlingbear and Mentrax Mountainbone in Frontier Mountains (two melee mobs with no loot that respawn every 6 min).

And of course if you want to keep up the "evil path" you can kill Kelethin or Halas guards.

Oh, and one last thought: I have Burning Woods giant fort listed as going up to 56 in the guide. If memory serves that might be too high for it, but if you can get XP there at 55 it's a great spot for Shaman soloing. Oh, and you might be able to get XP in the Hole somewhere, but I think you'd have to go deep enough in that soloing it would likely be a bad idea (so this would only really work if you went with a group then hung out there after).

P.S. If you try any of these spots and find that the guide has the wrong levels, or anything else is wrong, please consider editing the guide to fix them. The level ranges in particular are often off by a level or two because I didn't check every spot at every level as I leveled up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2017 at 12:09 PM..
Old 05-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love to promote the Per-Level Hunting Guide, and in this case it has a bunch of ideas because I'm a shaman and I added most of them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On Loramin I did a lot of Howling Stones, but you might be too low for the basement. If so you could duo it (necros are often interested in this) or you can just solo the entrance. It's marked as 57 in the guide, but I think that's a little high; the tricky part is just surviving 0-2 harmtouches when you first zone in, and then it's simple root/rot ... and if you zone-in at a popular time you don't have to worry about HTs at all because someone else will have cleared them. Likewise Sol B imps are probably too high to solo just yet, but a duo should work well.

For just soloing Kedge has some fun loot and a good dungeon XP bonus, but you need a Fishbone Earring (don't do it with EB unless you use Gina or something, because Murphy's Law guarantees it will fade at a bad time). Same thing for Chardok, and it's not underwater (but it does hut Chardok faction, and the revamp is coming someday). If you want boring and mostly loot-less XP there's Skyfire or Eldak Howlingbear and Mentrax Mountainbone in Frontier Mountains (two melee mobs with no loot that respawn every 6 min).

And of course if you want to keep up the "evil path" you can kill Kelethin or Halas guards.

Oh, and one last thought: I have Burning Woods giant fort listed as going up to 56 in the guide. If memory serves that might be too high for it, but if you can get XP there at 55 it's a great spot for Shaman soloing. Oh, and you might be able to get XP in the Hole somewhere, but I think you'd have to go deep enough in that soloing it would likely be a bad idea (so this would only really work if you went with a group then hung out there after).

P.S. If you try any of these spots and find that the guide has the wrong levels, or anything else is wrong, please consider editing the guide to fix them. The level ranges in particular are often off by a level or two because I didn't check every spot at every level as I leveled up.
Hey thanks for all this appreciate it. Will look into it now as I do work off and on.

Thanks!
Closed Thread