Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Default Monk fd bug

Over the last 2 weeks I have noticed what I believe is a bug with fd. Numerous times a day, fd is failing with no fd message. This seems to happen only when non caster mobs are actively hitting you. When you fd, a mob is still able to get one hit in and fd breaks and the mob reengages. I have been monking on the server for about a year and a half and confirm that it has never done this before.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Kobold

I've had the same experience but haven't played a Monk that long on the server so thought maybe that was normal. In my case I started turning off auto-attack first and then hitting FD and that seems to work pretty good (might be 100% but not sure). Also it has definitely happened when fighting a pure melee mob so it isn't just a spell coming in late, it is either the mob or me triggering it with melee. Also I have no procs on my weapons so it isn't something with that.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

This has been happening as long as I've been playing my monk, two or three months at least. If you feign just as a mob is swinging the hit can still connect and break the feign, although it's rare the timing works out in just that way. I try to time my feigns in between combat rounds.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

turn auto attack off noobs
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

It's not an auto attack issue Welly i'm not a level 60 monk that doesn't know how to turn off auto attack thanks for your constructive reply
Old 05-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

No, I've seen the behavior he's talking about, too. You feign then a moment later the target swings again even though it shouldn't. Thus far this has been nothing more than a mild irritant but the original poster definitely isn't imagining it. I've noticed a similar, possibly related behavior when fear-kiting a monster to below its flee threshold (say to 12% for a mob that flees at 19)...after the fear spell breaks the monster will attack me for one round before starting to flee regardless of its health. Both of these behaviors started at about the same time, and are very recent.

Danth