Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Around the 2:50 mark it gets good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOy5RqOTBDE
Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do the courts in the USA really use skype? LOL
It's no different than using a cell phone, or any other remote technology. If that state's rules of procedure allow it, there's nothing wrong.

I'm wondering if that judge will be pursuing contempt charges against all the idiots that called in.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's no different than using a cell phone, or any other remote technology. If that state's rules of procedure allow it, there's nothing wrong.

I'm wondering if that judge will be pursuing contempt charges against all the idiots that called in.
Sounded like she had no idea what skype was in the video. The best part is when the dude starts to laugh.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

skype in a courtroom....wow just wow
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

State should be held in contempt for ending a sentence in a preposition.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinfat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vote Republican
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems a tad different when the public can "photobomb" a murder trail. In Canada we have closed circuit tv and video relays, but typically not used when a witness gives testimony at a murder trial. There is a high level of control over the system. This seems like armature hour, which is a shame for the man on trail and the victims family.

Why not just testify with tweets, the lawyers can tweet questions and you can just tweet back ! =D

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems a tad different when the public can "photobomb" a murder trail. In Canada we have closed circuit tv and video relays, but typically not used when a witness gives testimony at a murder trial. There is a high level of control over the system. This seems like armature hour, which is a shame for the man on trail and the victims family.
Yeah, the court was really stupid by not taking measures to block the interference. But because phones and such are allowed, this is just a natural extension. The issue is the sloppiness not the tech.

Quote:
Why not just testify with tweets, the lawyers can tweet questions and you can just tweet back ! =D
This is getting outside what I know, but IIRC there's something about remote testimony having to be in real time if you're going to "call in."
Old 07-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This seems like armature hour, which is a shame for the man on trail and the victims family.
my thought's exactly on the skype
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

amature**