Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know Enchanters are easily one of the best solo classes, right?
He's right.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on a good night on Vulak (the lesser of the two EQLive progression/classic servers) there are 150 accounts logged into general chat, and Vulak allows boxing....

P99 is one of the most populated everquest servers online in 2012

i haven't had much of a problem finding groups here on my Warrior. he's level 15, just got done in a 5 person orc highway group in Oasis.

i even had some pickup groups in BlackBurrow

things aren't so bad here guys, i love p99 the way it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait until your 30s and beyond...
Old 06-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this doesn't really get to the heart of your point, but you know Enchanters are easily one of the best solo classes, right?
Yeah, I should probably bite the bullet and learn how to solo with it.
It should be cake now that I have jboots.
I've been playing around a little with my animation, and I can solo ok, but it's obviously not the way to do it.

Meh, it's hardly recreating the experience from classic though.
As soon as I got breeze my enchanter was insta grouped for the rest of my life. Hence why I have little knowledge of soloing an enchanter.

I used to love grouping in places like Karnors, and holding down 6+ mobs while the group dispatched them. Now *that* is what I call playing an enchanter.

Guess that's probably not going to happen, boxing or not. Here or elsewhere.
I still think that this server could be made a lot more attractive is the dev's weren't so hell bent on trying to emulate every facet of classic, good or bad.
Annoying things, like (just an example) snare and root not stacking, no shared stash, targetting rings removed. I could go on and on. *Not everything about early classic was good.* Thank god we dont have to look at our spellbook to med. Small mercies.

Forcing everyone to solo (effectively) by stopping boxing is just another nail in the coffin. I'd sooner group, but soloing gets old fast when I can't. There would probably be more groups to join if people could box (rather than less as people keep predicting)

Not that boxing wasn't classic anyway. I used to box a druid and enchanter (fun combo) back in 2002, which we are pretty close to now.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am Saddam and I like to drop bombs. That being said, as a Mage I have literally soloed 1% of my time here on this server (2 weeks.) Whether it be 3am or 7pm, there has either been a group LFM or I have made a group. In all honesty, I have probably started half my groups sending tells to anyone my level to join. As a chanter, I know there will always be a group or duo parter LF you. Sometimes you have to do more than /lfg and sit in EC tunnel.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all honesty, I have probably started half my groups sending tells to anyone my level to join. As a chanter, I know there will always be a group or duo parter LF you. Sometimes you have to do more than /lfg and sit in EC tunnel.
I agree. And a group doesn't have to be 4-6 people. A lot of classes duo and trio very well. Even when they don't you can still limp along with a small amount until more come. Random duo's on my rogue was almost exclusively the way I leveled him <45.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Question. Was drop trading stuff earlier between two separate accounts, had to /exit and reload EQ real-quick to get there before they go poof (praying server doesn't break on me :P).
Say i'm logged in my main, I minimize my EQ window, load it up log in the other account all the way to the char select screen if I /exit my main then press play on the other account will I get banned for that?

Although this isn't two boxing I just want to be clear that It wont recognise 2 clients from same pc and get some kinda autoban.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

But what If one of the accounts has IP exemp? My bro and father play sometimes so we got those set up over a year ago now often drop trading things between the two when they arent available to help
Old 07-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Aviak

I don't make the rules, but I think as long as you're not actively playing two characters, it should be ok?

I generally usually just text a friend that plays to log someone on if I need to do a transfer or get a res or a port or something. That way I don't get kicked in the ass in regards to two boxing. I have an ip exempt, I got it a year ago because my boyfriend was gonna check the game out with me as he had never played. He ended up not playing that much at all, but I'm too damn scared of the ban hammer to ever attempt porting or ressing myself with another char on the same ip ;p So I pester my friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Well I figure I wont try either until I get a definite yes that is fine from a GM or something. No point QQing later when they never said that's allowed.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanzkopf
Well I figure I wont try either until I get a definite yes that is fine from a GM or something. No point QQing later when they never said that's allowed.
Which is probably smarter ;p I'm thinking if it's a drop transfer and you aren't actively transferring between two chars at the same time it's different. My best advice, because you may not get a response in the thread, is to send a tell when you see one of the GMs broadcast they're online if anyone needs anything. I've seen that a few times lately.
Closed Thread