Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EQMacintosh or something to that effect.
dont have this location is their something i need to do when i sign in on the launch 3 thing from the web?

Disreguard this... apparently firefox was blocking the installer
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 02-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone experience this after installing it on the PC?

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now i get this error /sigh
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacres [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In case any of you want to give this a try, all you need to do is go into the eqclient.ini and change these files from FALSE to TRUE -

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE

Edit Edit: This thread will give you an idea of how most of the velious textures look for each race - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29595
That's really interesting, thanks a lot for sharing. The velious armors are very welcome after all this time with P1999. The luclin velious models sounds crazy, have to try em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"
I got this message as well after installing it on S:\EQMac. So I did a mklink from C:\EQMac like someone else mentioned in this thread, and after that it started to work. Seems like it can't find the files to load when you try to log in.

If you've installed in on any other drive than C. Open cmd and type;

mklink /D C:\EQMac X:\EQMac

where X:\EQMac is the directory where you installed it.

If it complains you may have to delete any directory named C:\EQMac in existance and type the command again. It will create the folder for you.

You don't have to reinstall EQ Titanium, just do the mklink to the directory where everything is already installed.

That should cure the login errors. Also, be sure to check the fix eqclient.ini box.

I've found this client to be kind of unstable though. Whenever you look through a polygon model, everything will go whack for a moment. This is very noticeable when you're meleeing and the head movement pokes through the foe. Loading times upon zoning is a lot quicker than P1999 though, so it has its up and downs.

The worst part is probably that the server is so empty. Almost all the time I was the only one in the zone. Even EC had like 2 players. Did a couple of /whos and found that there was a total of between 3 to 7 of every class online that was not anonymous. I hope the population will improve a lot in the coming weeks when the word of mouth goes around, since it's free, official and locked at PoP, which should interest a lot of former players.
Last edited by strosz; 02-20-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fuck yes, glorious victory! I was actually trying to create a symlink as I read your post, but your instructions were 100% perfect. Thanks.
Last edited by Namfoodle; 02-20-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Anyone having issues with boxing while using this client? I have no login issues at all and I can play the game fine using the included EQW beta 2.32, but whenever I try to open a second box it will close out the first box. Help me!! I need a shaman box to help me level.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Large Rat

Default Out of curiosity...

I have a question to the experts, out of curiosity...

I used to have a Station account a LONG time ago (along with my high level characters that I have since cancelled etc). I have the EQ Titanium discs in my garage somewhere so I could find them and do a clean install.

Do I need anything special to come play on EQMac as far as a "registry key" or anything?

I am 99% sure I forgot my station name/password but I could probably email their support people and figure it out.

Something about being able to play EQ again up through PoP is very appealing to me. My favorite times were basically Classic/Kunark, and Luclin for the introduction of the AAs. After that the game started to get watered down a bit...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You can make a brand new station account and play on EQ mac. As long as you're able to download the client, any log-in will do.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

wishthey would hurry with the expansion flagging wanna create an iksar beastlord
Old 02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can make a brand new station account and play on EQ mac. As long as you're able to download the client, any log-in will do.
So basically:
  • Create new station account (or remember old one)
  • Follow instructions on this thread for installing on Windows.
  • Profit?

Seems almost too easy! ;p
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneless999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wishthey would hurry with the expansion flagging wanna create an iksar beastlord
They're all flagged now btw.