Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you be playing, and on what team?
Yes, I will be playing on the Good Team (Dentist) 18 28.13%
Yes, I will be playing on the Evil Team (Azrael) 18 28.13%
I would not play on that box 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your community sucks, the game is great and more people would play it if they knew it existed
It's not my community, I won't accept it as mine. The community is a big reason I don't log in more often. The one server I played run by devnoob/image the community was better but it was probably the fact that I was in a TS with only a few other people.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eisier
Old 03-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't complain about a server allowing 2 boxing when this server has people boxing translocators, which completely breaks the game. If using translocators in PvP is common I don't know how people put up with it and continue to play.
I forgot to mention in my differences thread. On Zek you have less than 30 seconds to accept a translocate or res. Prevents people from running around with an open translocate box to escape pvp.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
it was probably the fact that I was in a TS with only a few other people.
you know you can do that on this server as well
Old 03-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not my community, I won't accept it as mine. The community is a big reason I don't log in more often. The one server I played run by devnoob/image the community was better but it was probably the fact that I was in a TS with only a few other people.
the image/devnub community is definitely a different experience. it reminded me of VZTZ in some ways when I played it a few years back.

Lot of energy and no weirdo attention seekers. Lot of witty people, funny personalities, good sportsmanship, and good pvp.

red99 is on the bitter side of things, that goes for both the winners and the losers.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know you can do that on this server as well
ya but can you fight people who aren't bitter, angry, and weird? its a toss up.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might give this a shot in order to kill a few weeks before ds3 release
This is a good point. Will roll a solo SK and have my rusted 2h ganked every hour
Old 03-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck it. I still had more fun on Rolfron Beta for 3 weeks than 95% of my R99 experience. Sad but true.
had nothing but good times on the image box. like u said none of the boxes were forever and its not a factor.

the times were fun period.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Kobold

2 boxing isn't as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be. In pvp people usually log boxes out to avoid giving out free YT. For PVE it allows you to do 90% of content with a 4 or 6 man crew. You can absolutely roll around without boxes and wreck people. It also allows people to play the class they want to play but still be able to have enough clerics to do content.

This means you can get loots without having to recruit warm bodies to play support/buff classes. This will be a bit of a shock to the warm body crowd who is used to zerg surfing for loot and security.

I have had fun on devnoob/image servers in the past and it has been designed for low investment casual pvp server, pretty much the opposite of Raid99.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the image/devnub community is definitely a different experience. it reminded me of VZTZ in some ways when I played it a few years back.

Lot of energy and no weirdo attention seekers. Lot of witty people, funny personalities, good sportsmanship, and good pvp.

red99 is on the bitter side of things, that goes for both the winners and the losers.
I wouldn't go that far, we do unfortunately have Skazo over there...who in the last box went under a different name and denied he was Skazo the majority of the time. Played a velious paladin who plugs every time he's ever in danger of dying. Boasts his pvp record despite not being able to beat a warrior with worse gear 1v1 in 10 straight fights.

Every EQ server will have autists and attention seekers, however after the community meltdowns that occurred between minnesota and jersey crew, and skazo/darksinga and kringe crew, we've tried to police ourselves better and not be complete alpha dicks to each other 24/7.