Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 AM
Banned

Default BRIEF description of a hybrid hard code/soft code 3-faction ruleset

In my previous wall of text:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=120802

I described a ruleset where each starting city was its own team but cross teaming was allowed under certain conditions. That ruleset got a bit convoluted so I decided to simplify it. Each starting city will be its own team but it may cross team with other cities in its faction. However, each faction is prevented from cross teaming outside its own faction via hard coding.

Evil faction starting cities

1. Grobb
2. Oggok
3. Neriak
4. Paineel

Good faction starting cities

1. Rivervale
2. Qeynos
3. Felwithe
4. Kelethin
5. Kaladim

Neutral faction starting cities

1. Surefall Glade
2. Halas
3. Erudin
4. Ak'Anon
5. Freeport

The evil faction is shorted one starting city with the knowledge that, once Kunark is released, the evil faction will add Cabilis and each faction will have 5 starting cities. As Sirken noted during the round table, the evil team is always going to attract the most players, so it will survive initially having only 4 starting cities, especially since most would consider Felwithe and Kelethin to be a single metropolis for the good faction and Surefall Glade is a weak prize for the neutral faction.

To keep it relatively simple to code, don't change any of the available races or classes for each city. Qeynos is a good city so the good faction gets SKs. However, good faction gets no shamans and evil faction gets no bards... tough luck.

Again, to be clear, the teams are soft coded within their own faction, meaning a Qeynos human can choose to KOS halflings but also has the option to group, guild with and cast beneficial spells on halflings. A Qeynos human is prevented by hard coding from grouping, guilding or casting beneficial spells on any member of the evil or neutral factions.
Last edited by Aenor; 09-06-2013 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Banned

According to this Wiki page, both Dwarves and Barbarians are considered Good faction:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Character_Races

You could just as easily move Dwarves to the Neutral faction and place Barbarians on the Good faction.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Banned

I would also recommend that, as part of Rogean's planned dynamic level range expansion for players who decide to heal out of range, the staff also incorporate the following: If player A from the Qeynos (Good faction) casts a beneficial spell on player B from Kelethin (also Good faction) while player B is engaged in combat with player C, also from Qeynos, the act of cross teaming will temporarily allow player C to attack player A, even though they are on the same team. This temporary PvP flagging should remain in effect until player A zones.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Sarnak

I like this idea. What do you think of swapping Erudin and Felwithe factions so Faydwer isn't so lopsided?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Banned

Faydwer would be better if dwarves and barbs were swapped. Would make sense for dwarves and gnomes to work together also.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faydwer would be better if dwarves and barbs were swapped. Would make sense for dwarves and gnomes to work together also.
Ya that makes sense also, I was just thinking about the race/class combos that would lose nothing from swapping, and I think it is Erudin and Felwithe.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Banned

Felwithe wouldn't make sense as Neutral faction. As charted above, Good faction would control most of Faydwer, Evil faction would control East Antonica and Neutral faction would control Western Antonica. If you swapped Halas to Good faction and Kaladim to Neutral faction, the Neutral faction would lose some of its grip on East Antonica but would gain numbers in Faydwer. I think it could work either way. If you swap Halas to the good faction, it takes Shamans away from the Neutral faction and gives them to Good faction.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry, bad bad ideas. Teams so lopsided, no ogre warriors for pve, no bards for pvp and pve. Its always been horrible, and will be even worse today when everyone knows how to exploit these fundamental imbalances.

Make no mistake, there needs to be a ffa team, but racial/deity teams just suck in Everquest, and they always will.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Banned

So what's your idea? Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
racial/deity teams just suck in Everquest, and they always will.
Yeah racial teams suck... I guess nobody told the populations of Vallon and Tallon.
Last edited by Aenor; 09-06-2013 at 07:12 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

I would play this server. Sounds like it could lead to some interesting zone control / warfare. And make no mistake, that is the best type of pvp. It would also lead to purist guilds, which are awesome.
Closed Thread