Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not certain about this.

I think the biggest issue on p99 versus live with aggro has to do with the ticking in getting aggro, which contributes significantly to getting this type of result in the video.

It was iirc much worse at launch on p99 because you could actually figure out the timing of the aggro ticks and run past things quickly if you were clever. They fixed it so that it was either random (not associated with the regular server tick for regen, etc.) or was a faster tick. In any case, it is still relatively large on p99 compared to live.

On live if you were being cast on and ran out of los, hit FD, stood up, spell hit you did you ALWAYS reaggro the original mob? I believe there was a chance to avoid the reaggro if your FD had wiped the caster and you were out of distance of a fresh aggro. Its the sort of thing that I don't trust my memory on completely from live, especially since my main wasn't a monk.
I played a monk and pulled for a major guild and the way it works on P99 seems very different from live. Once the mob started casting on you on live, you could not avoid the re-agro when the spell hit you. Being out of LOS did not matter. The trick was to get out of LOS when the spell hit so you could quickly FD again and avoid a re-cast / re-agro. With a single mob or multiples casting at the same time, sometimes you could perfectly time your FD after the spell hit you and avoid the mob re-casting / re-agroing.

Also, if you didn't get the FD fail message "fallen etc." then the FD was successful for all mobs. Not sure if that is how it works here as I haven't played around with the recent changes, but the way I read it was that you have a memblur chance for each individual mob. On live, I remember it being more all or nothing.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:49 PM
Banned

ahaha this one has a hilarious ending, saw it coming with the second mez cast XD

https://youtu.be/VzloQIuvGVY
Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the biggest issue on p99 versus live with aggro has to do with the ticking in getting aggro, which contributes significantly to getting this type of result in the video.
The info you are posting is flat out incorrect.

Try running through a zone on eqlive with a bard with fading memories.

Stuff agroes you, you hit fade (instantly dropping all agro), no other stuff wil agro you for 5 seconds, at which point you fade again.

Works exactly on live as on p1999, lets not state that bit of the code was even touched on this server.
Closed Thread