Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Large Bat

Default New Player

I played EQ Classic in as a Rogue, on Innoruuk. I loved the game, but ended up quitting right before Kunark was released...due to the sheer ignorance of the dev team when it came to fixing Rogues.

I wanted to come check this P99 server out, cause I miss the old days. My question is this, is the exp rate totally the same as the old days, are Rogues currently unable to find any decent weapons (like the old days) and how is a Rogue supposed to level up on this server without any friends to play with?

Which leads me into my next question, anyone wanna roll a Dwarf sometime soon, and play with a Rogue? =)

Jed
Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

There are decent weapons available w/o breaking the bank. Jade Prods and Slime Coated Harpoons.

On average you will see 300-650 players concurrent on the server. That means most "hot spots" will have 15-30 people in the zone. With a rogue's ability to find a group you should be ok. That or you can make a caster like a Necro/Mage and farm up some twink cash.

It takes brass balls to start a rogue with a rusty dagger. We all did it once though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Oh and welcome aboard!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

the XP rate is the same or very similar, as far as i know.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Same, still painfully slow. But hey, atleast you're not a hybrid with the exp penalty!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes brass balls to start a rogue with a rusty dagger.
if you wander around looking pathetic in east commons for a while you'll eventually get handed some nice twink gear.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Large Bat

After my first day, I stopped playing the Dwarf Rogue...unbareable leveling speed...no one around Kalimdor really...went to Iksar Monk, just as bad unbareable leveling speed...but atleast not totally useless solo. I've been turning in bone chips and repeating the curscale armor quests, but after 7 hours of playtime I still am just about to ding Level 5. Am I doing it wrong, or am I just so spoiled from playing other MMOs since EQ that I can't take the slow pace?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you wander around looking pathetic in east commons for a while you'll eventually get handed some nice twink gear.
This. I was trying to buy a ghoulbane with my measly 800 plat from Leoric's little giveaway and someone gave me 2.2k plat, ghoulbane, and a shit ton of other items
Old 10-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedite2K11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After my first day, I stopped playing the Dwarf Rogue...unbareable leveling speed...no one around Kalimdor really...went to Iksar Monk, just as bad unbareable leveling speed...but atleast not totally useless solo. I've been turning in bone chips and repeating the curscale armor quests, but after 7 hours of playtime I still am just about to ding Level 5. Am I doing it wrong, or am I just so spoiled from playing other MMOs since EQ that I can't take the slow pace?
Iksar have a racial exp penalty (20%, I think?)

The first 10-12 levels seem brutal with just about every class. This is EQ though, it's a group game. If you don't want to group you're going to limit yourself on what you can play.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Banned

Just a heads up, if you plan on playing a hybrid, the first 9 levels are like hell on earth, as soon as you hit 9, bam it's a whole 'nother beast.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedite2K11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the iksar race penalty and being nearly 5 starting 100% fresh it's too bad maybe a lil behind. (like lvl 6 would be tops if you were on your A game imo)

If you know how to read maps i would get to EC and you might get lucky with a freebie or some hand-me down's a good chunk of the server is fairly friendly and like to help out lowbies and new guys. Then you can grab some buffs and head back you can stay in cab/kurns area till your teens if you'd like OR plan your own exp route Norrath is huge and its so sandbox you can pick and choose where to exp, you can always catch a bind somewhere and start from there (within reason if your iksar)
Closed Thread