Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Banned

I think: If you don't assume that billionaires that own the big media networks don't interfere with the news -- news that people find interesting and important -- that you have a foolish belief. That's just plain naive to me.

The assumption should be -- based on how our countries system works in reality -- that producers influence stories in a way that benefits them. This is almost certainly going to eventuate a circumstance where important and interesting stories and analysis are buried.

There will be whole trends ideologies completely ignored and minimized. One of these is America's anti-abortion stance. I have always been a right to choose guy...but the reality is more Americans are against abortion past the 1st trimester than not. There are also far more people that believe abortion in any circumstance is murder than there are people that believe in 100% right to choose.

But the impression given is that these people are a small minority of angry old asshole with signs outside of abortion clinics. Misleading statics are quoted like "well the majority don't side with them" (not mentioning that majority is still closer to them).

I use that example because its one of the few where a right-wing opinion is actively suppressed by the media. Most the time it's America's left that is completely ignored and directed to the center via the democratic party and their networks.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Banned

Juris, by no means, did I say that billionares that own big media networks dont interfere with the news. Nobody here has said that, so why the hell are you insinutaing someone has?

You outright called me a fool for not beliving that, literally in response to me saying that I agree'd that they do.

Seriously, do you know how to read?

You have argued for 1.5 pages, with a strawman that nobody here has said once. Nor has anyone once disagree'd with you.

What is your point? And, do you know how to read?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

what's going on around here?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
itt mick is badly outclassed by a highly literate wordsmith
Old 09-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Banned

incorect. Sorry (i am not really) that I hurt you so bad abandoning you last year in the poly wars that you have a vendetta
Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most the time it's America's left that is completely ignored and directed to the center via the democratic party and their networks.
Dude, you are so totally wrong. Sh!t damn, the alt left dominates the media, the DNC, and all the major institutions in the US. I don't care what side you root for, if you cannot admit that the political debate in America is tilted to the left you are a partisan shill. You are as retarded as someone arguing that accountants are dominated by left wingers, or that the KKK is controlled by progressives.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all typical Gen X nihilism though. People are stupid because they are born that way and that's why everything is going to shit. There's nothing we can do about it except point it out so we can feel superior.
Gen X deserves credit for dealing with all the sh!t policies brought about by the Boomers and the Snowflakes while being too demographically small in numbers to do much about it, besides being successful in their lives and giving the finger to all the morons around them. To blame Gen X for any of this cr@p is total and complete BS. Nice try though.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Banned

the alt left is berniecrats who are not yet so butthurt about the primary results to switch sides out of spite.

anarchists are not a part of that whereas white nationalist sentiments are actively courted by the red team.

my dumb bitch
Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the alt left is berniecrats who are not yet so butthurt about the primary results to switch sides out of spite.
LOL berniebros are the definition of butthurt
Old 09-02-2017, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Spanish American War was fought to sell papers.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

anarchists are not a part of that whereas white nationalist sentiments are actively courted by the red team.

my dumb bitch
incorect it is made up of fat women and beta males that think ghostbusters reboot is important and that women actually get payed less then men.

its made up of the hillary movement ya dumbass, its 100% IM WITH HER people

the alt left is totally invested in social justice only and has no economic mind at all.

the people you think switched sides out of spite switched sides becuse they dont like to be in the same group as morans like you that think people abandoned you out of spite and not becuse of the complete dumbassery that you profess constantly.

only an im with her idiot would think the google guy was a masogonyst and want him to be fired

only an im with her slut woman would want to see someone fired for touching taylor swifts ass

all the alt left cares about are those issues, nothing else, which is why you're hung up on the "youre racist" card still
Closed Thread