Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Default Everquest Next news

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/20/so...t-sandbox-mmo/

Sony Online Entertainment President John Smedley took the stage at the studio’s annual SOE Live convention to talk about the scope of EverQuest Next, the working title of the next MMO in the EverQuest franchise. As part of a “blowing up” of the preliminary concept images and sketches released last year, Smedley claimed Next will be the “largest sandbox MMO” created to date, according to EQ2 Wire.

“What we’re building is something that we will be very proud to call EverQuest,” Smedley said. “It will be the largest sandbox style MMO ever designed with the same exciting content delivered in a new way. Something you’ve never seen before and the MMO world has never seen before.

“We didn’t want more ‘kill 10 rats’ quests. We didn’t want more of the same. If you look at the MMOs out there, they’re delivering the same content over and over again. So are we. We need to change that. When we released EverQuest, we changed the world. We want to do that again with a different type of game.”

Smedley also promised a playable build by next year’s convention for fans to try out and mentioned the involvement of previous EverQuest designers Dave Georgeson and Terry Michaels in Next’s formation.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

so when do you think this would be released? 2014 at least?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:04 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They said they will try to have playable demos at the next convention, so thats late 2013, so 2014 would be a good guess. I bet you though that the game will not be anywhere close to ready for release when those demo's are tested, however in true SoE fashion they will rush it out the door in time for christmas and end up botching the whole game.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, another repeat of Vanguard..
I hope not! Vanguard had such potential.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:17 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kind of like what happened with red99?
Not really, Red99 was released as it was because I gave disclaimers that said it didn't have particular things working nor would I have much time to work on it and the masses screamed release it anyways they didn't care. So they got what they asked for.

Aren't you suppose to be banned?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, Red99 was released as it was because I gave disclaimers that said it didn't have particular things working nor would I have much time to work on it and the masses screamed release it anyways they didn't care. So they got what they asked for.

Rogean I was curious if you all will ever have another event similar to the kunark realease where you have a chance to loot a guise or manastone etc?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

What they need to create is a Classic Everquest World that is more dynamic instead of static. I am for NPC day/night cycles, factional raiding & wars, dragon rampages, the occasional new boss to kill, etc.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in true SoE fashion they will rush it out the door in time for christmas and end up botching the whole game.
i think thats pretty much the case with all games and companies nowadays. companies know that with the internet they can usually patch any problems that may come up after launch so they will rush the game to meet some arbitrary deadline. just look at skyrim for instance, that game was released with horrendously game breaking bugs(especially on ps3) just to meet the 11/11/11 date. its been out for almost a year now and they are barely starting to work out all the bugs, and ps3 still doesnt have any of the dlc.

whoa just realized im straying off topic, but ya. im sure this game will be rushed and will most likely fall short of all of our expectations. i mean lets face it, there will only ever be one real EQ
Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well with the bust of 38 Studios and bad decision after bad decision by Bioware, there's still nothing that's even come close to challenging WoW. Is this the next hope? An SoE Game? Lord save us...

I can't imagine how much Blizzard is laughing their ass off at the incompetence of all these other companies trying to release a product just to even get 10% the subscribers wow has.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Now that is PRICELESS!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I take that as a signature? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread