Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

me, im starting new from scratch HMU
Old 01-22-2017, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guild in question allows this. You just have to keep the buying and selling within the guild.
If you spend your low levels killing skeletons and then sell those bone chips in EC you could easily have enough money to buy full banded by level 4. That's not classic. If you then sell all your Orc belts and pads, orc/gnoll scalps, Shiny brass idol, Shralok packs and whatnot....now you have a haste item and a 31/37 damage weapon before 25. It just gets more and more ridiculous.

I'm not in ALS but I commend them for playing "honestly."
Not true/ this is classic. I know, I was there. Others would buy your chips and GLStones so you could eventually buy the banded. true it wasn't as easy to sell the bone chips in such quantities as today but it was still a way to make pp to upgrade. I'm not saying sell the items to buy gear or weapons way above your lvl, but selling items to earn pp to buy spells, buy supplies to actually up your trade skills is necessity in the game and in true classic of 1999.

I love the idea of the guild here in question and working to earn every thing you have. I have done it many a time already but you "can not" have, nor expect a closed economy to work. It's just not possible. Even in the top guilds on this server, you wouldn't have enough diversity of people and abilities to have a closed economy, let alone one as small and as few in members as this. there just isn't enough nor will there ever be enough like minded individuals on P99.

I'm all for guildies having first call on purchasing items (even at a special) guild price. But you have to be able to sell your loot or farmed/trade skilled goods out side the guild. Would you honestly put all the time, work and effort (plat) into upping a trade-skill if it's ever only going to be accessible to a very few players? No, I don't think you would, don't kid your self. better to be honest than to just slip around and sell the stuff. Again, I'm not saying sell to earn plat and buy items you shouldn't have but the player needs to be able to sell his goods and services for income.

Restricting the members from selling out side the guild is way to unrealistic and will eventually hurt the guild and it's members personally in leveling their characters skills and abilities that will in the long run benefit the guild.

I have a Druid that's 28 that i have thought of entering and has earned every thing he has by himself or in normal groups with others, so nothing he has is a rule breaker, but I wouldn't be expected to not make plat off porting others around. i would of course give free rides to guildies and be true to leveling and earning my items but I most definitely not be locked into a closed economy. In the end it will only hurt your numbers. Just my 2 cents.

Love the idea of self sufficient and not twinking but some of the ideas just want work.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you honestly put all the time, work and effort (plat) into upping a trade-skill if it's ever only going to be accessible to a very few players? No, I don't think you would, don't kid your self.
I already do this. I've leveled my tailoring, smithing, alchemy, pottery, etc. and I only ever use them for friends and guildees (at cost). There are plenty of ways to make money in this game without being a tunnel rat.

As for your comment about selling bone chips, you still can. Sell them within the guild. On my server they went for like 2-5p a stack, eventually. In EC you can easily get 10p a stack. That's not classic at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but this thread is off-topic now....
Closed Thread