Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Aviak

shaman, enchanter work well with monk. Shaman more so.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

if you are really serious about not twinking and earning everything, you should consider joining Auld Lang Syne guild. You can see their thread in the guild discussion section.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Aviak

Yeah... I'm not playing a shaman ;p But I'll get something out there soonish!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Kobold

I main a necro and regularly duo with a human monk. Pretty steady kills happening. Necro heals and a topped off mend/FD on the monk help too. Pet technically makes it a trio. LOL. I have been RP'ing on my IKS [clan of Suulangband -Ssessth (NEC), Shaadoe (SHD), and newest member Zylys (MNK)]. Trying to keep Zylys completely untwinked and on Kunark for full progression. Only speaking lizardman and trying not to eat too many Gnomes!
Old 01-21-2017, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are really serious about not twinking and earning everything, you should consider joining Auld Lang Syne guild. You can see their thread in the guild discussion section.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...43#post2449643

Everyone in our guild starts from scratch and earns gear exclusively through drops, crafting, and trading with guildies only - no EC tunnelquesting is allowed. I have a 21 gnome cleric and it's honestly been the most fun I have had in 3 years of playing here. Leave the mudflation economy behind and find out what classic EQ is really about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...43#post2449643

Everyone in our guild starts from scratch and earns gear exclusively through drops, crafting, and trading with guildies only - no EC tunnelquesting is allowed. I have a 21 gnome cleric and it's honestly been the most fun I have had in 3 years of playing here. Leave the mudflation economy behind and find out what classic EQ is really about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have always loved the idea of start from scratch and work your way up. this sounds like fun but even in classic there was the EC and GF trading areas to sell and buy items you and others needed to finish either quest or trade skills. Restricting members from buying things they would have no way of getting at their lvl is great but all together sounds a little un-classic. It was still the way to make pp to save for later items and spells and other stuff. Still I love this idea.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was still the way to make pp to save for later items and spells and other stuff. Still I love this idea.
Saving up 100p for banded is different than saving up 100p for a weapon you shouldn't be able to afford in a non-top-heavy economy. There's nothing stopping you from buying from your higher level guildees, or for those guildees to offer decent prices for tradeskill material farming from you.... it might not be classic, but it's a lot more classic than what everyone else is playing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Kobold

I never played on live, but buying/selling around the world (say a shaman gets to level to craft/sell sow potions) seems like a good for the economy like it's pretty hardcore especially if they are gathering their own materials. Even if they see someone selling the bear skins they need, that doesn't seem like cheating. In a real-world economy, don't people buy components from other makers then assemble them into a new item? Seems fine to me, maybe in the vein of ingredients for other sellable goods that could not be found any other way (sow pots, banded armor, etc). I don't like the idea of MQ'ing or just buying everything for your alts. I did this once and it felt like cheating.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a real-world economy, don't people buy components from other makers then assemble them into a new item? Seems fine to me, maybe in the vein of ingredients for other sellable goods that could not be found any other way (sow pots, banded armor, etc).
The guild in question allows this. You just have to keep the buying and selling within the guild.
If you spend your low levels killing skeletons and then sell those bone chips in EC you could easily have enough money to buy full banded by level 4. That's not classic. If you then sell all your Orc belts and pads, orc/gnoll scalps, Shiny brass idol, Shralok packs and whatnot....now you have a haste item and a 31/37 damage weapon before 25. It just gets more and more ridiculous.

I'm not in ALS but I commend them for playing "honestly."
Old 01-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Kobold

They sound like a pretty good group of players (ALS). I may have to check them out. I guess my hang up would be, if I was a shaman running through a zone or hunting and someone asked to buy SOW pots, I would sell, but I'm not parking my happy butt in EC for hours trying to pimp my stuff all my life. To quote Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that." If they could life even with that, I could live with them. Back to the topic, if they play untwinked and have members on when OP is, could be a good fit for him as well. GL OP!
Closed Thread