Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 05:07 PM
Banned

High paid manufacturing jobs were the result of labor bargaining power that mostly kicked off during the great depression. You can't just put it all back together again because the idiots that voted for Reagan finally realized their fucked.

It takes like 20 years to get a good semi-conductor plant going. Which seems to be the future of manufacturing.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a shame the majority of voters think your economic proposals are retarded, Jib.
this isnt my economic proposal this has been the economic propose of the left for the last 30 years, starkly against the conservative walmart corperate lobbiest oh my god---

Let me get this straight. the new liberal is,

- NO manufacturing at home where we have regulations (that we vote for)
- continue to move all manufacturing where there is no regulation and a language barrier as well as a military barrier for journalism
- Instead of bringing jobs back, now we just get free money to buy those things?

Someone please kill me in a revolution or a civil war or race war or a religious war anything please.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isnt my economic proposal this has been the economic propose of the left for the last 30 years, starkly against the conservative walmart corperate lobbiest oh my god

Let me get this straight. the new liberal is, NO manufacturing at home where we have regulations (that we vote for) - continue to move all manufacturing where there is no regulation and a language barrier as well as a military barrier for journalism - and just instead of working you get free money to buy those things?

Someone please kill me in a revolution or a civil war or race war or a religious war anything please.
What left, thirty years ago the Democrats were center right at best. Now turn off Fox News, you're turning your brain to mush.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:15 PM
Banned

It's not like people can't wait to get back to the factory. They just want the higher wage.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What left, thirty years ago the Democrats were center right at best. Now turn off Fox News, you're turning your brain to mush.
You couldn't back up that argument with any evidence to support it in a million years.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isnt my economic proposal this has been the economic propose of the left for the last 30 years, starkly against the conservative walmart corperate lobbiest oh my god---

Let me get this straight. the new liberal is,

- NO manufacturing at home where we have regulations (that we vote for)
- continue to move all manufacturing where there is no regulation and a language barrier as well as a military barrier for journalism
- Instead of bringing jobs back, now we just get free money to buy those things?

And that by becoming self-reliant and strong, a nation can achieve:

Old 10-24-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like people can't wait to get back to the factory. They just want the higher wage.
Well theyre not going to get it because the factory is going to move to china.

But they wouldnt if they had to stay and they would upgrade their facilities and iphones would cost the SAME as they do now and so would overpriced john deer tractors. The environment would be better and there would be more happily employed people.

What do you think those people are going to do next? Get digree's? They did, in medicine, and are telling your schoolboards how to teach their kids.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well theyre not going to get it because the factory is going to move to china.

But they wouldnt if they had to stay and they would upgrade their facilities and iphones would cost the SAME as they do now and so would overpriced john deer tractors. The environment would be better and there would be more happily employed people.

What do you think those people are going to do next? Get digree's? They did, in medicine, and are telling your schoolboards how to teach their kids.
Tucker Carlson viewing parties at your place?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2021, 05:26 PM
Banned

We have a service based economy. So there are a lot more people doing that.

But we still have jobs that are similar to factory work. Like warehouse work. It's just we pay them shit because now the workforce has given up all its leverage.

Basically trump bringing up this idea that manufacturing is gonna come back -- its a dumb idea for older people that remember the high pay and STILL don't accept that was because of unions and New Deal norms. They think there is some kind of thing within the manufacturing that made it high pay.

That was completely incidental. If we were nothing but a farm country -- we would be talking about the good old days of high paid field hands.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Tucker Carlson viewing parties at your place?
No Michael Moore you jack off.
Closed Thread