Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No luclin models has got to be the god damn stupidest request I have ever seen. Turn them off if you don't want to use them you retard.
RnF >> This way >>
http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30.

But yeah, anyway--Having read a lot of opinions on the matter, in other posts: They're lame. Fine, some people like them, I will acknowledge that. IMO, Luclin is where EQ diverged from classic-style, and Luclin models remind me of this fact.

I will note however, it's impossible to not enable luclin models on the server & have maps enabled globally if LoY ever comes into play (Expansion flag must be set to LoY for maps, and LoY > Luclin in the series). So.. you might get your wish someday =)

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Last edited by Kobias; 08-13-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Old 08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are 3 key bosses (Front door, and 2 for the towers) that you should get for your pullers/rogue (can't remember if rogues can pick those or not). They're on a short timer re-spawn, something like 12 or 24 hours iirc and don't drop anything other than keys.

There are 3 blob bosses, 3 first-floor akheva bosses, 3 second-floor akheva bosses, Mini-Aten and Aten Ha Ra. Pretty sure I didn't miss any, and that comes to 11 total. Still, quite a loot fest. I'd personally like to see them have more of a variable spawn time, as not to have them all up on one visit.

I agree that I don't want VT to turn into Tacvi (1 boss-1 trash-1 boss-1-trash). I'm not sure if you've ever done VT before PoP came out, but having done it myself it was a miserable crawl. After every door there is usually spawn-triggered mobs, usually 4. Plus whatever is in the room. They each have 100k+ HP, cast PB AE Blind, amongst other things. You can't invis past most places either. Trash respawn is very fast (like 6 minutes?); If you wipe, your screwed and have to return to your previous CoH mage point unless you had a cleric camp out behind, and were lucky enough to res a few people to hold off the waves of respawns on you.

IMO what most people didn't like about VT was the horribly long crawl; this is why they setup CoH dedicated Mages in pre-determined spots. Ideally, VT is *the* raid zone of Luclin era, so trying to find some way of improving it would be nice.

I remember spending 12 hours raiding everything in VT one Saturday @ Level 60. It ended at 4am.. ugh.

Yes, I did VT when it was current. Varying the spawn timers makes it even worse since that means you'll likely be clearing four bosses worth of trash to get to the one that spawned all the way in the back etc. The way VT worked was you killed bosses to despawn deathtouching warders blocking the way.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I did VT when it was current. Varying the spawn timers makes it even worse since that means you'll likely be clearing four bosses worth of trash to get to the one that spawned all the way in the back etc. The way VT worked was you killed bosses to despawn deathtouching warders blocking the way.
lol, right.. I hated those. I suppose that's a good point though. We did most of VT stuff before they added those. They were put in because people were rushing Aten first iirc, and prioritizing bosses.

I guess, maybe if they just reduced the trash HP, it might solve some of the problem. A full clear within 5 hours doesn't seem like that much to ask. You could possibly go a step further and make VT's bosses completely respawn together, kind of like CT-Dread-Fright-Terror-Dracoliche, which lets other guilds be competitive for different tower bosses.

VT reminds me of VP a little, except that VP had far less annoying trash :-p

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Last edited by Kobias; 08-13-2011 at 08:09 PM..
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
I'd rather have a completely custom game after Velious than rebuild that fail. Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.

HERE
Quote:
Interesting Faction Idea...
#Apr 21 2001 at 5:57 AMRating: Decent
Kyrsi
9 posts
I've been reading through the old posts here on the Kerran faction, and noticed a lot of people saying things changing from indif to apprehensive, or dubious to apprehensive and the like.. Basicly, all bad/good deads erased to apprehensive..

I have a feeling it has absolutely nothing to do with who you've killed or done otherwise, no mystieriously unlisted faction hit for the Kerrans, but the simple fact that Kerrans are supposed to be the new playable race coming up.

It makes perfect sense... Verant started working on this in the begining of this year, so would have started making small changes to prepare the area for PC kitties, such as removing the heritics, giving Mitty's Paw rings to another NPC, etc, so you don't have to kill her (killing player town people seems frowned upon and all).. But the most noticable thing I can think of is this-

Most 'neutral' monster start off Indifferent to players. All townsmembers that are not familar to you and your quests/kills for them, say, FP's guards to a RV halfing visiting for the first time, start off as Apprehensive, instead..

It looks like, in preparing to make this spot a player town (which is only a guess that this is the actual zone the karrens will start in, but to be honest, it's already mapped that it'd make a perfect town), they clensed the faction to a more townlike setting.

I guess it really depends on how long ago people were dubous when they last checked, to know for sure.
Note to self: I am NOT a tank
it could work.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Wipe it clean and start fresh with a pvp type server/pvp raidzones whatever is more liked.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Kobold

I'd say PVP options and perhaps some custom content if that's feasible. If Luclin were released on P99 I'd stop playing, though I'd be interested in some reasonable approximation of the AA system (and perhaps halfling and gnome hybrids). It's a tricky issue because there is always pressure for these games to expand, but as they do they rapidly outmode older content while simultaneously running out of good ideas. The numbers go up and the quality goes down, and before you know it Gaudralek and Palladius' Axe of Slaughter are one sixth as powerful as some tacky piece of shit with a spelling error in it's name...
Last edited by Rainflush; 08-13-2011 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Aviak

right so AA's would be a way to expand on the game with out making the content up to and including velious trivial. Think about it, AA's really are only available after 51 (which Im sure the devs could tweek to any level they think would be better for p99...if not then we roll with AA@ 51....) so its away to flesh out your high end character and have fun planing and crunching number ( if thats your thing) for the massive army of alts that will spring up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].... and I still like the Kerra idea.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

I definitely think adding AA's modified for the levels they'd be used would be great. It would give 60's plenty to do after they were released, and it would be a way to make Rangers and Wizards viable.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

Luclin, but only in a very limited sense.

Add AAs, plus raid content. Ditch Vah Shir, Beastlords and most of the stupid alien moon junk. Make remaining zones require EB, much like The Grey. Make the moon an unpopulated, hostile hellhole accessed only via wizard spells.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

I liked Luclin to be honest. Some of it could be retuned of course. I think it did still fit the vision. PoP I think did not. Some of the raid content was cool, but way too much mudflation and other issues.

Luclin and/or custom content IMO.
Closed Thread