Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

How about waking the Sleeper wipes the server?

That will keep people from pissing in the community bowl of Cheerios.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have, the idea for shit content is called Luclin.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, however just saying luclin is taking the easy way out. There are other ways to implement more gear and possibly AA's. I've heard that it was officially stated that after velious we would be getting custom content. I don't know if that's true but to me if the content is good that would be the best approach. Instead of just saying luclin these people could be giving idea's for interesting content
I forgot who mentioned it, either nilbog or rogean, but it wasn't an "official statement". More-so an idea.

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Kobold

luclin, with no bazaar. (at least dont make bot traders or a 'safezone')
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Kobold

I think they could do a lot to give high level players something to do other than ruin the server with luclin (yuck) or adding weird misplaced zones that doesn't fit in (SoD).

My idea is to borrow a few ideas from current games to prolong the gaming experience.

1. Custom AAs - Make it take alot of XP to even get one, to get all almost impossible

2. Daily Kill Quest - Maybe a already existing NPC in every town would have some daily quest you can do once daily to build a faction that allows to purchase of custom items that are not insane.

3. Different versions of raids, created in an instance - This is a idea taken from Diablo. Instance the raid zones, when you enter there are different varieties of possible scenarios but the zone is still the same zone. The developers could go wild and make custom scripts and mob behavior. You may zone in and frogloks have destroyed the previous raid boss and a froglok king has taken his place. There could be dialog!

4. Customize the classes - Devs could change the classes how they envision a druid, rogue, warrior, shaman etc should have been. Everquest 2.0?

5. Solo content - Maybe all classes could be viable at soloing in some creative fashion for when you are unable to locate a group. I think along with making each class viable, they could also make dungeon mobs and mobs in popular camps "elites" that would not be able to be soloed but would take a full group.
The mobs that could be soloed would be the random wondering zone monsters. Also with this change, group xp would give more xp than solo.

6. Up the out of combat regen of mana/health

7. Shady Dealer in EC tunnel setup as an auctioneer like in WoW

8. Mentor system, higher level players could join lower player level groups in a mentor system like other MMOs. Their level would be made the same as the group level. The higher level player would gain more AA xp than by grouping at their current level or soloing.

These are just mostly ideas taken from other games that would be interesting in Everquest Trilogy 2.0. I think it would be fun to improve the game without distorting the world, characters etc.
Last edited by mokfarg; 09-09-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

/hands mokfarg Kevlar vest

The purists are coming for you. DUCK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP:

(totally different experience to lvl up with pvp, so i can see people rerolling, and it takes way longer to lvl so people would be occupied for a long time)

- Guild wars. Either plain ole regular GW, or something like special guild wars where if your guild gets flagged by your guild leader, then your guild is at war with every other guild on the server which is also flagged in the same way.

- Possibly in the form of reds being able to group with blues to lvl, so its not such a pain in the ass to go red.

- Project M (name?) Possibly players being able to control monsters in events, something like an orc raid on Freeport, spider infestation in Erudin. This could also be NPC mobs but just trying to throw ideas out there.

-------------------

- Custom events like the Halloween 2001 one, with custom mobs and custom loot.
this
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they could do a lot to give high level players something to do other than ruin the server with luclin (yuck) or adding weird misplaced zones that doesn't fit in (SoD).

My idea is to borrow a few ideas from current games to prolong the gaming experience.

1. Custom AAs - Make it take alot of XP to even get one, to get all almost impossible

2. Daily Kill Quest - Maybe a already existing NPC in every town would have some daily quest you can do once daily to build a faction that allows to purchase of custom items that are not insane.

3. Different versions of raids, created in an instance - This is a idea taken from Diablo. Instance the raid zones, when you enter there are different varieties of possible scenarios but the zone is still the same zone. The developers could go wild and make custom scripts and mob behavior. You may zone in and frogloks have destroyed the previous raid boss and a froglok king has taken his place. There could be dialog!

4. Customize the classes - Devs could change the classes how they envision a druid, rogue, warrior, shaman etc should have been. Everquest 2.0?

5. Solo content - Maybe all classes could be viable at soloing in some creative fashion for when you are unable to locate a group. I think along with making each class viable, they could also make dungeon mobs and mobs in popular camps "elites" that would not be able to be soloed but would take a full group.
The mobs that could be soloed would be the random wondering zone monsters. Also with this change, group xp would give more xp than solo.

8. Mentor system, higher level players could join lower player level groups in a mentor system like other MMOs. Their level would be made the same as the group level. The higher level player would gain more AA xp than by grouping at their current level or soloing.

These are just mostly ideas taken from other games that would be interesting in Everquest Trilogy 2.0. I think it would be fun to improve the game without distorting the world, characters etc.
There is so much wrong in these suggestions I don't know where to start. The reason this server exists is because we want classic Everquest and not wowquest.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sounds like wow. noty man
Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

I never liked the idea of AA... main reason I quit live. I understand the whole needing to xp for something reasoning, but I think should be much harder to gain AA if implemented.
Closed Thread