Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

yea dude lol America behind Ireland, theyre euros with that 40% grade scale I was talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_(education)#Ireland
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
40%
Yeah dude, coz 40% is 40% no matter if it's 40% of 10 or 40% of 100, it's stil 40% rabble rabble!!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

Black Jesus, I will gladly trade you 40% of my $10 for 35% of your $100.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Contrary to popular belief, the 1st amendment does not say anything about separation of church and state.

Marriage is a religious institution.
Most of the things you said are pretty debatable, but not really worth the trouble of debating with someone speaking with such bias and eagerness to just pretend any argument you make is solid. But I figured these two were worth responding, since there is really no debate.

Contrary to what you think is an awesome revelation, the words "separation of church and state" not existing in the 1st amendment does not change the sentiment. Anyone who says the constitution says those words specifically, aren't lying or spinning to suit an agenda. They simply do not realize that the words exist as a reference. Thomas Jefferson said, "...thus building a wall of separation between Church & State" in his famous letter to Danbury Baptist, in reference to the language which IS in the 1st amendment "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". This is where the "separation" phrase come from and why it's used in reference.

To the other point, one good way to figure out if what you're saying is solid or just unfounded bias is simply to apply your logic in all scenarios. First, let's suppose religion actually is a required constant in all marriages. Then you must consider what that has to do with denying homosexual marriage. "Oh, well the Bible doesn't like the gay." Ok, well, do laws prohibit adulterers from remarrying? Do they prevent divorce despite a commitment til death? Must you be a virgin to marry? If your brother dies with no children, must you take his widow and give her children so that his line may carry on? If you don't, will you be laughed at for having one shoe? Oh the Bible is a funny little book.

Fact is, marriage has nothing to do with religion except by the choosing of the participants. A straight male can get married in a courthouse, no inclusion of religious parties, or religious text. That man can then cheat on his wife, kill his wife to be with his mistress, go to jail for his crime, and get remarried while sitting on death row. There is no religion or sanctity required. There's not really any avenue of this religion vs. gay marriage debate that holds any water when you apply it equally to all scenarios of marriage.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned

WHAT THE FUCK IS ALL THIS LOGIC SHITTING UP A PERFECTLY GOOD TROLL THREAD?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

(Only read 1st page)

Great post Black - glad there is at least one intelligent person here.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Only read 1st page)

Great post Black - glad there is at least one intelligent person here.
lol