Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you even go about policing this policy? Most of them really, but this especially.
All them, frankly. I can picture it now:

GL: You used PoK!
Smokey: No, I didn't, I bought a druid port.
Smokey: No I didn't man, now let's raid, ok?
GL: Smokey, this isn't live, this is a progression guild with rules, and you used PoK, which is against the rules.
Smokey: No way man, come on, let's just raid, jeez.

GL: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Smokey: Alright man, jeez, I'll gate and walk back, shit. (gates, goes LD)

GL: It's a progression guild, Smokey
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 06-29-2014 at 11:17 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All them, frankly. I can picture it now:

Smokey: No, I didn't, I bought a druid port.
Smokey: No I didn't man, now let's raid, ok?
GL: Smokey, this isn't live, this is a progression guild with rules, and you used PoK, which is against the rules.
Smokey: No way man, come on, let's just raid, jeez.

GL: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Smokey: Alright man, jeez, I'll gate and walk back, shit. (gates, goes LD)

GL: It's a progression guild, Smokey
lol, good post/great gif
Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was interested until I clicked over to the EQ forums and saw how OP handled himself there.
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...tirety.211840/

This is an out of context quote so take it with a grain of salt.
that's pretty sad, guy.... he posted a hilarious response and I had a good lol, what's not to get? can you seriously not tell what parts of that post are sarcasm? dude.... here's a hint: simply assume that I'm a normal person or a buddy of your's goofing around maybe, and see how weird that post is then. damn...........

for those of you who haven't seen that thread, some guy looks at my death penalty and equates it with BDSM culture. my post in response to his was largely based not off of what he said but EVERYTHING that it implies... the implications are just hilarious, aren't they?.......... for one example, you do know what Freud would say about his post, don't you? I give ppl too much credit I think.... oh and the last 2 lines of mine were quotes, haven't you ever seen "Kenny vs Spenny"???? I know it's the internet but it should be pretty easy to tell when someone's being serious or not....
Old 07-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no you are just a fucking idiot if you think anyone is going to go to live and play by those rules.

play live how it is or dont, they are never going to make it classic
the logic train:

1) I want to play EQ, all 20 expansions.
2) I don't want to play with the bs mercs/fast travel/stat-capping gear, or anything else that trivializes the content. I don't want to skip the first 15 games and start raiding in COTF asap....
3) so, I try to start a guild that doesn't recognize any of that game-ruining shit.
4) I look on here.

obviously I'm going to look here. the ppl on the SOE forums are happy with eq as is, where the fuck else would I look for those interested besides the biggest group of ppl who are dissatisfied with eq as SOE has it, but who love eq? OMG THIS IS THE MOST RETARDED THING I EVER HEARD.

I do the hardest kenken puzzles in my head, in half an hour. in college and high school I slept through classes, didn't do homework or projects, and got straight A's and B's b/c I knew how to take tests. the only games of chess I remember losing are games in which I was winning but didn't bother making another move, as I was busy with playing poker professionally, which I've been doing since I was 20 years old, in fact that's what I dropped out of college for. yet you confuse me for an idiot, which pretty much makes you the "fucking idiot."

I'm sorry you couldn't imagine the simple logic I used to come here for support with a hardcore guild on live EQ. I imagined that some users here were here b/c they had the last straw somewhere with SOE's hand-holding features, I didn't think that every last one of you also necessarily needed a smaller game. I still believe a lot of p99's users would be interested, it's just that mostly only the die-hard are actually using this forum.

give us another constructive, witty post with an average of 3 letters per word and 2 sentences, now. 1500 posts, lol. clown.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Banned

nice novel didnt read, dont need to, i just know know you may find like 3 people, 5 at max, that will end up doing this but i doubt it you even get 1 or 2
Old 07-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice novel didnt read, dont need to,
Jesus gaffin - it's like you are asking for it
Old 07-06-2014, 12:10 AM
Banned

if you can not tell this is the most stupid idea ever posted on the forums im sorry gnight
Old 07-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

No no,,,, your right, i just couldnt resist. Im with ya man. LOCK THIS THRED!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
nice novel didnt read, dont need to, i just know know you may find like 3 people, 5 at max, that will end up doing this but i doubt it you even get 1 or 2
So, 5 people, each of 'em six-boxes a group (it's totally :classic: man! :samdeathwalker.gif: )... they'd be raid ready, right?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

i would go to test server, not the regular live ones. there are a few guilds there that are already doing this. its a lot of work to organize, especially if you plan to really enforce the rules.

from my experience in doing self-imposed progression content the biggest issues that will come up with your guild are how quickly to advance through content and how strictly to enforce your rules.

also, there is no way to enforce the "double exp" thing. the exp curve in eq is hardline changed now to help new players catch up. You will literally go from lvl 1 to 50 the way you would go from 1 to 10 in classic. there is no way to change this short of intentionally taking no-rez deaths to de-lvl...you will not be able to do a classic five hour guk grind without gaining 10 lvls or more.
Closed Thread