Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well there seems to be a lot of plot holes in this story, but you can see Rover (your group member) punch DS first. Its a hot camp right now and I can see how things can get heated but after you guys engaged it I feel like it was wrong of them to out DPS you for the kill and take it.

If they felt like it was their camp then they should have called you on stealing their camp / Mobs and petitioned on you. Not take it into their own hands and secure the kill by KS'ing it.

Get some fresh air.
Fresh air tomorrow =).

The story was more like a synopsis, I admit. However and in all seriousness, if you point to areas of the event that you have questions about, then I will do my best to answer/elaborate.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

You want to level a monk/necro all the way up just to steal a camp? And they have a necro and monk already in the to-be-trained group who could just FD and hold the camp on their own post-train attempt? I don't think you've thought your "clever" plan through.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Banned

What happened to Triangle is a big issue on this server and I hope this situation is taken care of.

When you’re fd you clearly aren’t engaging your mobs and if you had to fd them then there’s an implication that you couldn’t handle the engagement and had to disengage.

Possibly the biggest issue is people don’t understand the difference between casual courtesy they usually receive in non pressured situations vs what the rules really are when things are contested.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Sometimes I think Roegan is a psychology professor and p99 is some sort of social experiment.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened to Triangle is a big issue on this server and I hope this situation is taken care of.

When you’re fd you clearly aren’t engaging your mobs and if you had to fd them then there’s an implication that you couldn’t handle the engagement and had to disengage.

Possibly the biggest issue is people don’t understand the difference between casual courtesy they usually receive in non pressured situations vs what the rules really are when things are contested.
Yes to put it into perspective, I realize that waiting for a group to wipe and leapfrogging them thereafter is a dick move. However, in the case where a camp is perma camped (quite literally, BG has kept a presence for over 60 hours straight), what are you supposed to do other than wait until they decide to leave if you want the quest item as well? Can one guild hold down a camp for months even if they wipe, until they decide to leave? They would be able to if it is not considered a wipe so long as they have someone FD and a cleric camped out ready to rez everybody within 10 minutes.

I think the most damning thing for BG here is they attempted to, and succeeded, in enforcing the same rules against Kelzeraz that they now say don't apply to them - indeed, making their DS kill a killsteal.

Finally, DMN's post about monk/necro plan appears to be in response to a hypothetical in a since-removed post.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone knows leapfrogging is a dick move but just label it as competition and ignores it when they do it (and scream when its done to them).
Old 03-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

TIL from this thread: Kelz's neckbeard rivals that of Merlin's.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

New progression servers about to launch
Old 03-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Banned

Just as an update - BG guild leader contacted me today. He is the OP in this thread, by the way.

Long and the short of the conversation is he thinks I am wrong, tried to convince me he is right, then explained that I should not submit this to the GMs (even though he is willing to offer nothing as a compromise) because they are overburdened. I told him I agreed they are overburdened and asked him to suggest a compromise proposal. This was word for word his response:

Quote:
I propose its dropped and we move on. You wait patiently for the camp like I did and when it is fully spawned you can contest it."
Basically, you were wrong, we were right to KS you - go away and come back in 1 month when we decide to leave the camp. Until then, there is no possibility of you getting the camp because we can never wipe unless everyone is dead (fd's don't count) AND also the entire camp must be spawned for a reasonable period of time (this was another part of the conversation, even if camp is full spawn and they have only a few people fd, they argue even MORE time, a "reasonable amount", needs to be provided to them to pull the mobs).

May post screenshots of the convo later if BG contests the veracity of the conversation.

Three words to summarize their argument: Crock of Shit
Last edited by Triangle; 03-11-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Banned

What’s the main point of BGs argument? I think they’re gonna get wrecked on this. IMO they owe you 200-300k on that.
Last edited by Teppler; 03-11-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Closed Thread