Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I would not have taken their camp if it were me, especially after I saw they were recoving with a cleric and whatnot. but the rules are on the side of losing the camp if you don't clear the mobs.

I think BG argument was valid back in the day but not on p99. Back in the day "breaking" a camp was a much bigger deal. If a group camping had some bad luck or a key member went link dead(hell i remember one time where the clerics cat gated her ouy of zone) and they couldnt hold the camp for a bit, no one would generally try to steal it. But we are on p99 boyz.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as an update - BG guild leader contacted me today. He is the OP in this thread, by the way.

Long and the short of the conversation is he thinks I am wrong, tried to convince me he is right, then explained that I should not submit this to the GMs (even though he is willing to offer nothing as a compromise) because they are overburdened. I told him I agreed they are overburdened and asked him to suggest a compromise proposal. This was word for word his response:

Basically, you were wrong, we were right to KS you - go away and come back in 1 month when we decide to leave the camp. Until then, there is no possibility of you getting the camp because we can never wipe unless everyone is dead (fd's don't count) AND also the entire camp must be spawned for a reasonable period of time (this was another part of the conversation, even if camp is full spawn and they have only a few people fd, they argue even MORE time, a "reasonable amount", needs to be provided to them to pull the mobs).

May post screenshots of the convo later if BG contests the veracity of the conversation.

Three words to summarize their argument: Crock of Shit
The Immersion of some people...

Not a GM but yea I don't think a feign in camp should count. Just like claiming something is camped while staring at full re pops for several minutes doesn't count. Whether your are feigned or sitting staring at it doesn't matter.... if other people are interested in the camp you must be clearing the spawns (in a reasonable amount of time - I say this cause some classes have to wait for mana occasionally)

The only dispute is that D.S is a longer spawn than the rest of the room so I guess they could say that they are keeping her cleared (in a sense that they will recover before her respawn?) But yea that is a REALLY flimsy argument imo as generally camps work for spawns / rooms, typically you cant just jerk out 1 single spawn and claim it as camped while leaving everything else up
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the main point of BGs argument? I think they’re gonna get wrecked on this. IMO they owe you 200-300k on that.

I'll quote their main points, and will post SS's to verify if necessary:

Quote:
So our initial "wipe" was from a mob walking right thru the wall fleeing. brought hell on us. but, we did hold 3 people in zone at camp still.
I then said "FD, yes". His response:

Quote:
u can hold a camp while FD. We can decide to abandon any pull by fding and camping. until the camp fully respawns and we dont engage after a reasonable amount of time, then its lost.
He fails to admit that they wiped, and that appears to be BG's argument. The truth is that they did not "decide to abandon" the pull. They trained themselves and their group wiped. Those who did not die from that wipe were only able to do so by feigning death
Last edited by Triangle; 03-11-2019 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Lavitzz (OP) got AM to not contest Tunare today because......he wants a turn for his guild to kill it. And if we do contest, he will throw a fit to the GMs causing everyone's life to be more annoying. Feel free to correct me on this.

GL Triangle. You're dealing with a real special one here.

OP cares nothing except those ez pixels and will do anything to manipulate the scenario so that he is the victim and the rest of the server are nerd bullies.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

At least we have cleared up the possibility the wipe was caused via outside party train.

I think a key issue here is how much time elapsed between the mobs respawning in the room and the new-campers engaging. What exactly would be a reasonable amount of time to kill a respawn. I suspect the remaning members of the team(now we hear there were three) could have realistically held the camp on their own but what if another group suddenly rushed into the room, should they try to KS the mob to keep claim on their camp?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Banned

As to Hotel: WOW, so much for not wanting to bother the GMs. More like, only wanting to bother the GMs if they stand to gain.

As to DMN: they could not have handled the mobs as they were, they had 2 people fd to my knowledge (perhaps a third at zone in?). Those two people could not have handled the mobs that were already up in camp (at least 4/7 mobs were up, including the roamer). Further, you are buying into the assumption that they do get a "reasonable amount of time" to recover from their wipe and try again. I don't buy that. if that were the case, then BG could forever hold the camp without any others being able to get a chance.
Last edited by Triangle; 03-11-2019 at 05:27 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Banned

I would go as far to say if you are playing any FD games with any sort of contested mob, that’s a very dangerous game to play and any time someone feigns a mob, they are disengaged from an engagement because they couldn’t handle and in that case it’s the next persons turn.

BG officer is using very very convenient rule bending for their own sake.

Let’s entertain the other side of the argument for a moment. You want a camp and some monk is messing around with Feigh Death games. How long could you possibly go before you just say enough is enough. 2 mins? 10? 30? Hr?

I’ve seen GMs go off on people for using pathing as an excuse in these situations. This fucker, triangle, spent the time in Kunark learning that shit. They should of done the same.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Orc

In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead.

Camp hadn't fully respawned mobs, BG still had a presence.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead.

Unbiased interpretation of the event and rules. Coming at you from BG!!

https://gyazo.com/2cba76abecf749f1748cea611b5b98f2

BTW haven't seen you at all in ToV, or anywhere really, guess that more and more comment was a little too soon.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The fact that people had to be FD and there was mobs around means that the BG people couldn't handle the camp in its current state, whatever it was, and someone else was ready to roll.
Closed Thread