Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Large Bat

Post Broken Combine: Imbued Steelsilk Bracers (Prexus)

I'm working on crafting a full set of Imbued Steelsilk armor (the Prexus variety, using imbued black pearls), but can't craft the bracers. All of the combines were trivial to me, yet I can't complete the set because the bracer materials will not combine.

I tried using the materials indicated on the Project1999 wiki for the combine, and I double-checked the game lore book "On Terrorantula Silk," which gives the recipe for each of the Steelsilk pieces; this recipe matches what is shown on the Project1999 wiki. It wouldn't accept the combine, so I then began experimenting by adding more swatches, removing certain components, etc., and I could not find any way to make the combine work. (I did not, however, remove the imbued black pearl, as that presumably would have eaten my mats and yielded an unimbued steelsilk bracer.)

Could this combine please be looked at and fixed? Everything both in-game and online suggests that it should require:
  • 1 terrorantula swatch
  • 1 vial of purified mana
  • 1 platinum thread
  • 1 wristband pattern
  • 1 imbued black pearl
  • combined in a worn erudite sewing kit
but as I said, this recipe is not working.

Many thanks in advance! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: http://wiki.project1999.com/Cultural...kills:_Erudite -- Adding this link for quick reference
Old 05-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

I can confirm this, I was grouped with him and contracted this labor. He tried every sort of combo we could think of and could not get this to work. All the other pieces worked as described. This has to be bugged somehow. I did some googling and could not find evidence of the bracers being bugged at time of release.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Project Manager

Looks like the bracer combines for prexus, cazic, and quellious are all missing. Will add them.

From looking at eqtraders, the trivials are listed at 242. Other combines such as the mask are listed at 242, while on p99, it is 107. Does anyone know more about this/does it need to be raised?
Old 05-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

P99 is using the post tradeskill revamp values for most tradeskills. It probably needs to be raised.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

From Lokari's tailoring guide (http://www.lokari.net/everquest/cult...teelsilk_armor - last updated March 4, 2004):

Steelsilk (non-imbued) has trivials >165 while all the imbued stuff is <135.

This site (http://eqruckus.tripod.com/cultural_tailoring.htm - unknown update date) both supports and adds info:

Steelsilk (non-imbued) has trivials >170 while all the imbued stuff is <=119

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

Here is a capture of EQ Traders from October 7, 2001: https://web.archive.org/web/20011007...ng_erudite.htm. The trivials for the Imbued deity-specific Steelsilk is stated as <=123 for all pieces. For non-Imbued, non-deity-specific Steelsilk, the trivial is stated as >169 for all pieces.

Also, there is an issue with the Imbued gems as well. According to the above source, the following imbued gems are used to make deity-specific Imbued Steelsilk armor:

Imbued Amber: Cazic-Thule
Imbued Black Pearl: Prexus
Imbued Topaz: Quellious

However, I just crafted a full visible set (minus bracers) of Imbued Steelsilk using an Imbued Amber and everything came out as Deity: Prexus rather than Deity: Cazic-Thule.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Also relevant to crafting Steelsilk armor:

Pardas Nalue in Paineel should sell Platinum+Gold+Silver Threads. He currently does not. August 10, 2001 EQ Traders: https://web.archive.org/web/20010810.../tailoring.htm

Kamzar in West Cabilis should also sell Platinum+Gold+Silver Threads, and interestingly, Erudite Sewing Kit and the book On Terrorantula Silk, according to the same link above. He currently does not have these items for sale. There are more items he should have also, such as Small Sewing Kit, all clothing patterns, etc.

EQT also cites a "Erudite Sewing Kit," rather than the "Worn" Erudite Sewing Kit that is currently on P99. I haven't found evidence yet showing there is a difference between the two containers.
Last edited by Mud; 05-17-2016 at 12:12 AM..
Old 05-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also relevant to crafting Steelsilk armor:

Pardas Nalue in Paineel should sell Platinum+Gold+Silver Threads. He currently does not. August 10, 2001 EQ Traders: https://web.archive.org/web/20010810.../tailoring.htm

Kamzar in West Cabilis should also sell Platinum+Gold+Silver Threads, and interestingly, Erudite Sewing Kit and the book On Terrorantula Silk, according to the same link above. He currently does not have these items for sale. There are more items he should have also, such as Small Sewing Kit, all clothing patterns, etc.

EQT also cites a "Erudite Sewing Kit," rather than the "Worn" Erudite Sewing Kit that is currently on P99. I haven't found evidence yet showing there is a difference between the two containers.
The only place I could find "erudite sewing kit" was in paineel, same guy that sells the scroll. It is indeed called "worn erudite sewing kit" but it worked for all the combines. I had another player check west cabilis for the sewing kit vendor but they couldnt locate it; I did not confirm it myself.

Gilbasi Weaver in Erudin is supposed to have Platinum thread but I couldnt find it for sale anywhere in erudin, instead I went to thurg.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gilbasi Weaver in Erudin is supposed to have Platinum thread but I couldnt find it for sale anywhere in erudin, instead I went to thurg.
Edit: You're right, late Velious. December 17, 2001 https://web.archive.org/web/20011217.../tailoring.htm

Quote:
silver/gold/platinum thread, sm. sewing kit, How To Sew (med) - Galbasi Weaver (near dock)
Last edited by Mud; 05-17-2016 at 02:20 PM..
Old 05-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Large Bat

Woot, thanks for the quick response time! Looking forward to seeing this implemented in game =)
Closed Thread