Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Banned

No more hippie imaginary statistics?! wtf
Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

How has noone remarked upon the outstanding degree of douchebaggery necessary to refer to Jesus as "Yesus Christos (Jesus)". That demonstrates more than anything why people fucking hate vegetarians. You're telling us something we all already know in the most self-righteous and pretentious way possible.

Yes, we know meat is an inefficient foodsource. Yes, we know too much meat can be unhealthy. Yes, we know that many of the animals that we consume live in terrible conditions. But guess what? Meat is fucking delicious, and humans have been eating it for, oh, ever. We have evolved to eat it, and if you don't eat it, you need to be downing vitamins every day to make up for it. Furthermore, whether or not I eat meat is not going to make one iota's worth of difference in meat production. In fact, if I were to somehow singlehandedly lower demand for meat, it would result in the immediate deaths of the animals I was trying to save. What do you think happens to animals raised to be slaughtered for meat when there is no demand? Hint: they're not released in Iowa. They're dead from the moment they're born, whether they end up being eaten or disposed of.

Stop being an insufferable douche and eat meat or don't. I don't care. I don't eat papaya very often, you don't eat steak very often. Cool. Just stop pretending there's some moral high ground associated with being a 21st century pussy with such a high degree of comfort that he can afford to worry about his food's feelings. You want to do something moral? Buy cattle and either care for them yourself or ship them to the third world to be eaten. THAT would make a positive difference in the world outside of your own sensibilities. But let me guess: you don't care *that* much. So much for Yesus.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

did not read thread but why does anyone gaf imo
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How has noone remarked upon the outstanding degree of douchebaggery necessary to refer to Jesus as "Yesus Christos (Jesus)". That demonstrates more than anything why people fucking hate vegetarians. You're telling us something we all already know in the most self-righteous and pretentious way possible.

Yes, we know meat is an inefficient foodsource. Yes, we know too much meat can be unhealthy. Yes, we know that many of the animals that we consume live in terrible conditions. But guess what? Meat is fucking delicious, and humans have been eating it for, oh, ever. We have evolved to eat it, and if you don't eat it, you need to be downing vitamins every day to make up for it. Furthermore, whether or not I eat meat is not going to make one iota's worth of difference in meat production. In fact, if I were to somehow singlehandedly lower demand for meat, it would result in the immediate deaths of the animals I was trying to save. What do you think happens to animals raised to be slaughtered for meat when there is no demand? Hint: they're not released in Iowa. They're dead from the moment they're born, whether they end up being eaten or disposed of.

Stop being an insufferable douche and eat meat or don't. I don't care. I don't eat papaya very often, you don't eat steak very often. Cool. Just stop pretending there's some moral high ground associated with being a 21st century pussy with such a high degree of comfort that he can afford to worry about his food's feelings. You want to do something moral? Buy cattle and either care for them yourself or ship them to the third world to be eaten. THAT would make a positive difference in the world outside of your own sensibilities. But let me guess: you don't care *that* much. So much for Yesus.
Hey, at least someone gets it.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

word.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 09-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by visage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do fat people get so mad stop hiding from yourself your fat. It's not a joke retard your health is at risk and your hurting peoples eyes.
Speaking of hurting eyes, can you please quit posting those pics of yourself on the RL pic thread? I mean, one or two are fine, but like 30? Besides, all of them are of you with your eyes opened as far as you can, maintaining that "did someone just accuse me of being heterosexual" look. Get over yourself, douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

500 bucks says returnofahipster wears leather shoes, leather gloves and has owned a vehicle with leather interior.

Quote:
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Old 09-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Orc

"You want to do something moral? Buy cattle and either care for them yourself or ship them to the third world to be eaten. THAT would make a positive difference in the world outside of your own sensibilities. But let me guess: you don't care *that* much. So much for Yesus."

/thread
Old 09-27-2011, 03:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofahipster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cshiar - I have a chart in my room that shows the amount onf energy and water that goes into producing a pound of different kinda of food. Fruits, vegetables, grains, meats, dairy. It takes about 24 gallons of water to produce a pound of strawberries (lowest on the list) and i believe 600 gallons of water to produce a pound of beef. I can only imagine the amount of other resources that go to this. I worked on an ex girlfriend families dairy farm a few times. The way the animals were treated were appalling. They even admitted that. They explained to me to turn over a profit they cant really provide the most humane of accommodations.
And as Keith explains in section two, Political Vegetarians, eating soy burgers won’t save the planet, either. All those goofy vegetarian arguments about how many more people we could feed per acre if we all ate the crops instead of the animals who eat the crops are based on a flawed idea: that the animals who provide our meat are supposed to eat corn. They’re not. They’re supposed to eat grass. Keith recalculates the calories-per-acare figures assuming we were smart enough to raise our animals on their natural food, and not surprisingly, the disparity shrinks to nearly zero.

And feeding the masses is only part of the equation. When you raise animals in a pasture, you create topsoil — you literally can’t create topsoil without animals. But when you raise corn, you destroy topsoil. It’s mono-crop agriculture that uses extraordinary amounts of water and creates soil runoff. Then, of course, there’s all that fossil fuel required to keep the crops growing as the topsoil disappears. (Imagine the fun of explaining to your wild-eyed vegan friends that their “sustainable lifestyle” is enriching the oil industry.)

In part three, Nutritional Vegetarians, Keith recounts how her vegan diet destroyed her health. I’m sorry to say much of the damage is permanent. Her spine has degenerated, and it won’t come back. She spends much of her life in pain. I’m also sorry to say I know some vegetarians with ailments similar to hers, but unlike Keith, they refuse to connect the dots.

From a neat little article on a book about an ex-vegan who did a lot of research and debunks the 'vegetarian myths'.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...egetarian-myth

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread