Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should people be punished harsher for cheating, hacking, etc.?
Yes. Harshly. There is no deterrant as things are currently. 45 58.44%
No, I don't think people should be punished.(Post why) 10 12.99%
I am not going to vote properly because I hate Harrison LAWLVZTZJECT 22 28.57%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Banned

Good post Albane, I agree.

Bunch of people running around with bowls of pissed in cheerios in here. In fact, there should be a wall of shame for certain offenses for suspended players. After a suspension maybe you can only post in RNF? I think Rogean wanted/talked about tieing forum accounts to in game but it'd be a massive undertaking and maybe not as big a deal as we make it? Personally, I think it is but his time and talent are better spent elsewhere.

New players should see these threads and know that the rules ARE enforced. People MIGHT get away with it for a LITTLE WHILE, but the terms of justice are ABSOLUTE.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Scared to play red HARRISON? Scared to say who your toon was that you abandoned in failure HARRISON?

You must know what this means.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: yes enforce rules, make examples.
Edit 2.0 for accuracy.
Last edited by Billbike; 02-22-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned

Really, there's no shame in not wanting to play on the red server, all trolling aside.

Death is a beast in EQ compared to other games.

Sure there's the "oh ha you mad" trash talk about "people who can't handle it".

But honestly, let he who has not been angered in PvP cast the first fucking stone.

Just leave with your dignity intact and don't make a big deal about it. People will think much more of you.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New players should see these threads and know that the rules ARE enforced. People MIGHT get away with it for a LITTLE WHILE, but the terms of justice are ABSOLUTE.
I had hoped that this server would have turned the corner by now. Hopefully all of this PoF crap will help to build a more solid community where content is fought over using PvP and not trains/DT. It is nice to hear that some members of Holocaust are interested in coming up with a solution, now to see how long it takes to get both guilds to agree on something and begin enforcing it.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

60% agree

The rest are Holocaust.

Nuff said.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Look, I'll be straight the fuck up.

Our monks will run the Nihilums out of the fucking gym if this change goes in (planar FFA zone). No offense guys, inb4 proud about being able to train.... (it's more than just that fyi)

That said, in my experience across pvp boxes and on live... this whole raid rules thing was traversed before. Hind sight should be 20/20.

Here's what happened on Rallos (feel free to verify all of this using the link in my sig):
People started getting smacked up by GMs for training, there was bans mostly on the Peacebreaker side, none to Facultas, maybe a suspension or two to AD.

Shit like dispelling the Statue of Rallos Zek happened, raids wiped then we'd camp the zone ins. Well, that netted a suspension and the whole fucking rule lawyering thing opened up. Guild reps spoke with Sony's head CSR. An agreement was, keep your members on a fucking leash and absolutely never give orders for members to train. He assured us he would be sifting through all of our trash, tells... guild chat... you name it. He was brought in because the GMs and Guides were *SICK* of logging in to full petition queues every day. Understandable.

Well, that all went well until plane of fear PvP after. Training in other zones was mostly non-existant in places like Plane of Growth, Western Wastes, Temple of Veeshan etc.

Plane of fear boy.. there was just no way to really enforce that other than if God GM Ozuri saw you cut straight out from the portal, loop around for a bunch of mobs and drop them on people. The mobs have a large aggro range (appears classic here actually!), some see invis, some don't. If someone is being chased in PvP, heads up on top of the hill believing it to be safe, good chance a scareling or shiverback is going to get up in their ass. They then channel a gate, and the person chasing heads to the next target, unbeknownst to them the madness is on their tail.

Screaming and finger pointing resulted. Rather than continue to modify the rules, or call another meeting....

PVP WAS OUTLAWED IN RAID ZONES

If you entered a raid zone after another guild that had started any kind of clearing? And came within a hundred fucking feet on them? Ozuri would shut the zone down, and send everyone to their binds.

Let's not go that route or give in to frustration. Let's use prior experiences here and put some rules in place that make sense.

Or? Just do nothing and things will start to eat huge cock.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-22-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PVP WAS OUTLAWED IN RAID ZONES
I would have quit VZ if they tried to make a rule like that. PvP in Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate was some awesome PvP. I also remember great battles at the zone in to Temple of Veeshan.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

Oh we quit all right. But people hyping these other PvP servers don't even know how fucking nasty and brutal our RZ shit got. Everything happening there can turn out here, and is occurring as predicted.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but am I guess at the same time =p.

The worst part is staff/casual player burn out and the creation of GM PvP killer tyrants. They will get tired of it.

We need fire and forget rules that work.

I'll tell you this too. Before the rules work? Examples will/must be made.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-22-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned

Plane of Fear is Sullon Zek reborn.

ALLLLLAHHHH ACKKBARRRRRR.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Kobold

I voted 1

I support a wall of shame for bans / suspensions.

I also read Nirgons livejournal all the way through and agree with most. However, from my memories on SZ the guilds trained the SHIT out of each other in raid zones until they either:

A) Zerged up enough members to cock block the zone lines
B) Paid some other guild to camp the zone lines while they raided
C) Made a bluebie pact with the warring guild and told their members to shut the fuck up about it or get out when they whined about bluebie pacts on SZ.

Let the pain keep riding until someone breaks. It's only been a couple of days?

TZ-The Highland Army
SZ-Malignant, Hate

Stormhammer-Science of War
The Rathe-Precision Strike

R99 - 52 Necro
P99 - 34 Mage
Closed Thread