Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

What I want to know is why everyone acts like Harrison is so out of line to be saying cheaters deserve punishment. Every one of his posts I've seen (the recent ones ofcourse) are him A.) Defending himself against like 90 different dudes who all say the same thing over and over. and B.) Saying they should stop letting people cheat.

Nobody can give him a comeback that actually has something to do with the topic. They just make stupid remarks, am I the only one seeing this?

Project 1999 Red
Old 03-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

You're on the outside of their vztz clique. You see things as they are without the tint of their faggot-colored glasses.

They go from server to server as they die, cheating, griefing, and screaming for things like petulant children until the server folds. This is what they do.

They don't give a fuck about the server, the project's goals, the staff donating their time to provide the server FOR FREE, none of it. They want things their way. No rules, no repercussions for their actions, and you're going to hear them cry at the top of their lungs until they get it. Of course, they never do, so the server dies as they drive it into the ground while pretending to want things to help it.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTr33z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I want to know is why everyone acts like Harrison is so out of line to be saying cheaters deserve punishment. Every one of his posts I've seen (the recent ones ofcourse) are him A.) Defending himself against like 90 different dudes who all say the same thing over and over. and B.) Saying they should stop letting people cheat.

Nobody can give him a comeback that actually has something to do with the topic. They just make stupid remarks, am I the only one seeing this?
It's hard to reply to someone when you have them on ignore.

Not that there's anything wrong with bringing people who cheat to justice, it's just that when it has been reiterated in the hundreds of times without any new information to say or other facts/solutions to contribute, it becomes redundant, and detrimental to server communication. I registered on these forums at first for the sole purpose of having an ignore list to put Harrison on, because after reading a month of his posts I became quite ill from them.

It's like injecting a dead horse with cyanide, because your beat-stick is broken.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

That's a real bummer man, you get those kinds of guys with any game tho. Real life social mental and physical abuse gets let out behind the guise of their computer. But anyway, I'm gonna go back to lurking. Give em hell.

Project 1999 Red
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTr33z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But anyway, I'm gonna go back to lurking.
Safest place to be, really.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to reply to someone when you have them on ignore.

Not that there's anything wrong with bringing people who cheat to justice, it's just that when it has been reiterated in the hundreds of times without any new information to say or other facts/solutions to contribute, it becomes redundant, and detrimental to server communication. I registered on these forums at first for the sole purpose of having an ignore list to put Harrison on, because after reading a month of his posts I became quite ill from them.

It's like injecting a dead horse with cyanide, because your beat-stick is broken.
Well I can understand where you're coming from, forum spam is never a good thing. But I mean, he's just about the only dude who wants something done around here. I can understand his frustration especially on a server where players directly compete with eachother. Maybe instead of saying Harrison should stop talking about it, the problem could be solved leaving nothing for Harrison to talk about? Would probably get some new players that enjoy an even playing field, which I'm sure is just about every one. 'less dey aint got no game nahmean?

Now I'm really going back to lurking. haha

Project 1999 Red
Last edited by HappyTr33z; 03-13-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Well I can understand where you're coming from, forum spam is never a good thing. But I mean, he's just about the only dude who wants something done around here, especially on a server where players directly compete with eachother. Maybe instead of saying Harrison should stop talking about it, the problem could be solved leaving nothing for Harrison to talk about? Would probably get some new players that enjoy an even playing field, which I'm sure is just about every one. 'less dey aint got no game nahmean?

Now I'm really going back to lurking. haha
I am absolutely certain that the staff is very well aware of Harrison's viewpoint on how red99 should be policed. I am sure that all of the staff, and the vast majority of players, are in agreement with his suggestion that people who cheat should be punished.

If it were as simple as that, I doubt many people would have much problem with him. Unfortunately, he is very concerned with labeling certain guilds and communities of players as entirely detrimental to the server, due to some members within those groups having broken the rules in the past(most of whom have already been punished for said actions).

I disagree strongly with Harrison's suggestion that all players from Nihilum, Holocaust, and VZTZ are cheating rejects. Despite the tensions between players of opposing guilds, the players currently on red99 are generally good people, helpful players, and would like to see the server succeed.

It's not a matter of asking Harrison to 'stop talking about it', in your words. It would be more akin to asking him to 'talk constructively about issues, and take ideas up with people who are in positions to make change.'

However, after reading his posts for several weeks and seeing much more negativity from him than anything positive(he does occasionally say constructive things, but the bad far outweighs the good), I decided to put him on ignore. Less patient people put him on ignore far earlier.

And of course, by antagonizing large sections of the server community, Harrison brought upon himself the kind of trolling which now clutters the forums, and which you rightfully point out.

As for your last point, the 'playing field' of the server is kept even to a reasonable degree thanks to the efforts of the P99 staff. It's not a perfect system, but it functions. (edit: although, there are certainly some things that could use some work.)
Last edited by loserofgame; 03-13-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Right on man, that's the kind of response I was wanting. Well I hope you guys get it all sorted out, might make a char on here one day. Peace.

Project 1999 Red
Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and you're going to hear them cry at the top of their lungs until they get it. Of course, they never do, so the server dies as they drive it into the ground while pretending to want things to help it.
Thats a pretty accurate description of the drift of your posts on these forums
Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

ban OP for posting in wrong section
Closed Thread