View Poll Results: Politically Correct?
This is acceptable 20 33.90%
No that's crazy 39 66.10%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Raiding the Planes

This is not an official raid discussion item but I wanted to ask the community what the consensus on this is. If you see 4 people in a guild clearing the planes for many hours to a point where they would start killing respawns 8 hours later are other guilds obligated to stay out?

I don't want to say which guild because I don't want to cause drama or this to end up in RnF. I basically want to know what's politically correct here. If this is cool to do then I can technically hold Hate and Fear up 24x7 (not that I would want to) by having guild mates clearing both the zones and having people take over when people need to sleep.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 02-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

Just clear the opposite way they are clearing.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaenc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is cool to do then I can technically hold Hate and Fear up 24x7 (not that I would want to) by having guild mates clearing both the zones and having people take over when people need to sleep.
save the socks for velious
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

These are my impressions of how I've seen these situations handled and my thoughts on how I think they should be handled.

The larger force would probably scout the zone a little to see if it's even worth bringing their raid force in. My guess is that if less than 1/3 of the zone is spawned they would find something else to do.

I think a presence of 2 to 3 groups already in the plane -- a force capable of clearing the zone in a timely manner -- would also convince most decent guilds to find another raid target. If it's only a group or less up there, then the two forces would typically start discussing their goals, objectives and capabilities so that they can work out a plan to share the zone without stepping on each others toes.

Rotting loot would generally be offered to each other via OOC or shout, as would assistance with CR and porting.

If the smaller force refuses to be reasonable about sharing the zone, then the larger force is likely to go up anyway. They may not be particularly helpful and they may be aggressive about taking choice mobs, but I don't believe that they would deliberately train or ks the smaller force.

If a group was literally going from spawn point to spawn point, killing everything as soon as it popped in an otherwise empty zone, then the larger force would probably find something better to do. Waiting for mobs to pop is boring as hell.

So in regards to your poll I would say that such behavior would be both "Acceptable" and "Crazy" at the same time.
Last edited by Jaxon; 02-27-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you try talking with them?
Yes, they needed all the exp and gear and there was only 4 of them. I'm not hating on them btw just want to know what the majority thinks about the situation. It would be harder to manage doing planes with guild1 expects to share, guild2 expects for your guild to leave, guild3 wants competition and it's fte on the mobs, guild 4 will run you over anytime they feel like it and they have 50,000 members, guild5 just want to play flower pots with other guilds.

Lightyear/Artah
Old 02-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

On red we can just kill them, so much easier.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On red we can just kill them, so much easier.
If there actually was anyone to kill, sure.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

well i know we try to raid hate we pop up there and people is anon so instead of just pulling from different location we leave.... fear. we just get it when we can .. its not like any gear is rotting with us doing it with 3 or 4 people ... nobody asked you to leave the zone bud

Old 02-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well i know we try to raid hate we pop up there and people is anon so instead of just pulling from different location we leave.... fear. we just get it when we can .. its not like any gear is rotting with us doing it with 3 or 4 people ... nobody asked you to leave the zone bud
I really didn't want to mention your guild name because this is not about your guild. It's about what the server thinks about this situation because it is going to come up often if it hasn't already.

An officer in your guild told me that we should leave and everyone was ok with that.

Lightyear/Artah
Old 02-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

You all need to get zones on a repop it sounds like instead of hoping to cherry pick a smalls groups hard work it takes eight hours to repop fear....a group clears the zone in three hours max so i doubt its close to repop
Closed Thread