Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Default Not new just had a question.

I'm not new by any means but I need some info and clarification.

1) as a gnome necro I am KOS to kelethin, I am high level now and amiably to the guard and everyone there, except the vendors. I'm KOS to the bank and dub to all vendors. What are the ways I can raise their faction? I checked the wiki but only a few quests and if memory serves me right I'm pretty sure there are mobs out there I can kill to raise this faction. That or i did a TON of slave keys on live and dont remember but the keys seem to be a low drop rate here on p99.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

I'm almost 100% sure you can kill orcs in Crushbone to raise it. I could be wrong.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 04-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

That's what he did. What he needs to do is raise Kelethin Merchants, which can't be raised through killing stuff.

That leaves you with a few quests in Crushbone to raise it. Farm slavers and the taskmaster.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebobby3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1) as a gnome necro I am KOS to kelethin, I am high level now and amiably to the guard and everyone there, except the vendors. I'm KOS to the bank and dub to all vendors. What are the ways I can raise their faction? I checked the wiki but only a few quests and if memory serves me right I'm pretty sure there are mobs out there I can kill to raise this faction. That or i did a TON of slave keys on live and dont remember but the keys seem to be a low drop rate here on p99.
FYI, merchants are never KoS, but that doesn't mean your faction for them is at dubious level. Basically, merchants check your faction, and if it's KoS level they bump it up to dubious (because merchants aren't supposed to be aggressive), but you will still need to do the same amount of work to get them apprehensive as if they were KoS.

To raise merchant faction, I did the shark meat quest and the lowbie warrior guild quest in Kelethin, I think. The warrior guild one (where you have to collect four common items off of mobs) was the easiest one to do repeatedly because all of the items stacked except one. It takes a lot of work, though. It's not worth it unless you're just doing it for fun. Since you're a gnome necro it would be a lot faster to just do your banking/whatever in Ak'Anon.

Also, Kaladim faction is a lot easier to raise than Kelethin faction since you can do the crushbone belt quest to raise your faction with most of the city's factions (including the merchants+bank).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 04-25-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

for 4 positive kelthin factions do Orc Vest quest:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=158

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebobby3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I'm still KOS to kelethin too and I'm pretty sure this is wrong. I started 2 gnome necros during the kunark/velious era and i was able to bank in kelethin on both of them and I never did any quests.

Doing a little more digging around though, everyone says I'm wrong. I'm wondering if maybe it was just a line of sight thing where I could bank but he couldn't see my little bald head from behind his counter. I'm quite certain I used that banker many many times on live.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 04-25-2014 at 12:00 PM..
Closed Thread