Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default Not Classic, dont read. my eyez only.

Of all the things not classic, the biggest thing that comes to my mind is not knowing wtf is going on. I used Allakhazam and casterream every now and then but when I played EQ, shit was crazy. Fast forward to Red99 and all I see is people racing to get manastones and guises. I never even seen these items before let alone know they existed. Call me ignorant but I guess the main thing that was lacking was a sense of immersion or a sense of the game being bigger than life (okay thats a little dramatic but should get my point across.) I mean knowing the classic zones and being able to google anything on the spot makes the game pretty watered down. I miss feeling helpless and lost.

tl dr never achieved maximum immersion, norrath felt like an empty game lobby rather than a fantasy world. i am not fat.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of all the things not classic, the biggest thing that comes to my mind is not knowing wtf is going on. I used Allakhazam and casterream every now and then but when I played EQ, shit was crazy. Fast forward to Red99 and all I see is people racing to get manastones and guises. I never even seen these items before let alone know they existed. Call me ignorant but I guess the main thing that was lacking was a sense of immersion or a sense of the game being bigger than life (okay thats a little dramatic but should get my point across.) I mean knowing the classic zones and being able to google anything on the spot makes the game pretty watered down. I miss feeling helpless and lost.

tl dr never achieved maximum immersion, norrath felt like an empty game lobby rather than a fantasy world. i am not fat.
Lie, all hobbits are a little chubby

but i feel ya dog, full immersion can only be achieved through pvp battles now days, i miss walking out of kaladim and wondering if i would ever make it to crushbone to see my pals or if i would wander forever chased by bandits.
Banned

ps sorry for reading your thread, it was not my place
Banned

I was 12 when i was immersed so maybe youre too OLD
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

omg you guys read my journal.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Not readin