Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-20-2023, 04:41 PM
Aviak

Default How do I kill the dragons?

I am about half way through level 51 on my cleric. This is the highest level I've ever reached in the classic era of Everquest. My brother and myself started playing again around the launch of green and have slowly leveled both of our characters. He is more hardcore then me because he got his first ever crack itch and leveled 2 toons to 50(Wiz and Necro). I'm a pretty casual player and don't' intend on ever being a serious raider.

I would really like to slay Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen and experience it with my brother.

Whats the best way to be a part of these fights? Are their guilds recommended to join?
Last edited by Lambparade; 04-20-2023 at 04:46 PM..
Old 04-20-2023, 04:53 PM
Banned

Well don't level past 52 if you just want to kill nagafen and vox, but unfortunately there will still be a raid guild who kills those dragons pretty quickly.

Join castle or nova or pals would be my advice.

Also, I know you said you don't want to, but consider being a serious raider. You're here playing classic everquest, and raiding is the end game of classic everquest. It's cool to just enjoy the game, but if you wanna kill dragons you need to grow a neckbeard, figuratively speaking
Old 04-20-2023, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Here’s the thing, and it’s the one of the saddest things about this server. You got a large contingent of total oxygen-thief losers that perma camp every dragon from vox to nag to trak to VP and TOV.

It’s damn near impossible to get a tooth from Trak because he’s dead within 5 minutes of spawn and the teeth go to someone umpteenth alt. You can not compete with them, unless you are willing to flush your real life down the drain in order to capture all the pixels.

It’s like camping fungi tunic. You are never going to get a shot at it because the neckbeards have it locked down 24/7.

If you have a sex life, a work life, a real life, you simply won’t be able to kill dragons. You may get lucky and kill a dragon, but you will not kill dragons.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

You can casually raid on green, no problem. You don't have to have 80% raid attendance and abandon all real life obligations to kill dragons...just have to remember that the respawn cycles are *typically* on the weekends (Thurs night + Fri + Sat + Sun) and that is set by the GMs of this server, and then you need to respond to a batphone (discord notification which can also be ported to a separate phone notification in my guild) for a dragon when you feel like it.

My guild raids pretty much around the clock, and I have about 25% raid attendance and go to the targets I can. I have a full time, 40+ hours a week job. I have a lot of raid loot.

I will echo Ooloo, you do need to stay 52 or BELOW for Vox/Nagafen. They have a mechanic where they banish anyone beyond level 52 such that you can't effectively participate in the fight. Castle, Nova, Pals, all go for those 2 dragons for sure. my guild does sometimes too (my guild is <Good Guys>).

Topgunben is more of the oxygen-thief in this scenario, but then again Dominion did win a lawsuit against Fox news, so all things are possible.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here’s the thing, and it’s the one of the saddest things about this server. You got a large contingent of total oxygen-thief losers that perma camp every dragon from vox to nag to trak to VP and TOV.

It’s damn near impossible to get a tooth from Trak because he’s dead within 5 minutes of spawn and the teeth go to someone umpteenth alt. You can not compete with them, unless you are willing to flush your real life down the drain in order to capture all the pixels.

It’s like camping fungi tunic. You are never going to get a shot at it because the neckbeards have it locked down 24/7.

If you have a sex life, a work life, a real life, you simply won’t be able to kill dragons. You may get lucky and kill a dragon, but you will not kill dragons.
Does this apply to Blue too? Or just Green?
Old 04-20-2023, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can casually raid on green, no problem. You don't have to have 80% raid attendance and abandon all real life obligations to kill dragons...just have to remember that the respawn cycles are *typically* on the weekends (Thurs night + Fri + Sat + Sun) and that is set by the GMs of this server, and then you need to respond to a batphone (discord notification which can also be ported to a separate phone notification in my guild) for a dragon when you feel like it.

My guild raids pretty much around the clock, and I have about 25% raid attendance and go to the targets I can. I have a full time, 40+ hours a week job. I have a lot of raid loot.

I will echo Ooloo, you do need to stay 52 or BELOW for Vox/Nagafen. They have a mechanic where they banish anyone beyond level 52 such that you can't effectively participate in the fight. Castle, Nova, Pals, all go for those 2 dragons for sure. my guild does sometimes too (my guild is <Good Guys>).

Topgunben is more of the oxygen-thief in this scenario, but then again Dominion did win a lawsuit against Fox news, so all things are possible.
“My guild raids pretty much around the clock”

“respawn cycles are *typically* on the weekends (Thurs night + Fri + Sat + Sun)”

“then you need to respond to a batphone”

No thanks
Old 04-20-2023, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

format c: should make short work of those dragons.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Damn. That sounds awful. If only there was a P99 server in which that wasn't the case ...
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-20-2023, 11:41 PM
Banned

Imo. You should just run up and attack the dragons. If someone else is there so what.

It's actually better to make friends with dragons tho. And have good faction and kill the other characters trying to hurt your dragons.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

I'll say Nagafen will be easier than Vox most likely.

They should really do more open raids for some of the older less contested content. Going through the rigmarole of joining a guild, setting up what is basically a pager, and dealing with 16 hour windows is a lot for this dude to just kill Naggy/Vox once.