Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Banned

Default Motec's Proposal - all competition. Easy to manage.

This is 100% not related to <Inglourious Basterds> and comes without their seal, IB as a whole will discuss and agree to any discussion or rules it sees fit to, with zero preference to a proposal by its members (and some prejudice in this case)

My aim is to have an environment that is 100% competition between 2 or more guilds (and preferably 5+ and some alliances etc) for all targets at all times. It stipulates few restrictions, and forces VP guilds into VP rather than other junk.

I would like to see Taken, and BDA for example sharing tracking, and rotating their own mobs. I'd like to see some real stiff competition for all mobs, so that ours and TMO, and FE's superior gear, mobilization, numbers of raid ready alts are challenged.

I'm giving away a lot of mobs, and request that for this proposal to work there would need to be simulated repops, as well as a reduction in variance proportionate to a reduction in CSR interference.

I expect all disputes not including Interference to be handled with /random. The rules are clear, concise and allow very little grey area. Gone are the days of stalling, kiting, Javving with no raid force directly behind you.

I also do not require any coding changes to be made. It's a wall of text but really only has 5rules. The rest are already server rules, or common decency we should be reminded of and how EQ should be played in the spirit of the game.

Motec’s Raid Rules

Definitions:
*1, *2, *3, *4, *5, 6* - Refer to Appendix at rear.

Veeshan’s Peak Capable Guild – TMO, FE & IB. This allowance is only made as a credit to the incredulous effort put in by these guilds during the server’s history. For the history on this effort, feel free to contact an officer of any guild to learn why they are deserving of this one allowance.

Alliance – An arrangement between guilds privately for any reason required. Any alliance that results in two guild engaging and killing a target together, shares the penalties, restrictions or required adherence to rules together. Any guilds that form an alliance for other reasons not specifically engaging and killing a raid target do not attract the aforementioned. This is a way for guilds to negotiate unofficial rotations based on concessions and good will between themselves for the betterment of the server and players with lower playtime.

Epic Cockblock Mob – VS, CT, Innoruuk, Trakanon. The mobs in which we must find a means to share, but not ‘give away’.

Stalling – Use of DA style abilities, chains of discipline characters, click runes and click heals in order to keep a mob engaged but not being killed for any period of time.

Positioning – Use of DA style abilities ONLY*1 (review at velious!) in order to move a mob to a favourable position. Expected time would be 6 to 10 seconds max on the following examples: Lady Vox to cubby wall, Trakanon to North West of lair etc. Reasonable examples. (See Appendix).

Interference – Any interference intentionally used to delay the progress of competition. Training comes under this category in both mob engagement, and mobilisation.

Preliminary Synopsis:
No Tiers:
There shall only be one allowance made, which is for those guilds currently ”Veeshan’s Peak Capable” and have killed all mobs. These guilds prior efforts are recognised in the raiding rules below in a modest yet rewarding consideration.

No Rotations:
At no point will there be an official Rotation. Any guild is welcome to form an alliance* or agreement to share tracking duties between themselves. Guilds are encouraged to form alliances to rotate mobs between themselves to share tracking duties for example. Guilds are free to form their own rotations at their own risk.

FFA Periods - REPOP EVENTS:
It is requested that there is 3-4 monthly repop events at varying times.

In the event of a full repop, no “Veeshan’s Peak Capable Guild” may engage an “Epic Cockblock Mob” prior to the death of two “Epic Cockblock Mobs” by any other party, OR the death of Phara Dar by any party.

PNP RULES: You play by these rules to play on P1999. Request GM enforcement.

1. Any guild who engages a mob and uses any unit or method of stalling including disciplines, kiting, da, forfeits the mob. Engaging with DA or Voiddance to move a mob is acceptable if rule #2 is adhered to only. Expected max 6 to 10 seconds.

2. A guild may only engage a mob with a kill force present, in zone, prepared for an encounter. From engagement to kill there is a grey area in the amount of people present*2 (see appendix)

3. Trains, and raid interference result in raid suspension, and personal/IP suspension of the culprit *3(see Appendix)

4. All raid mobs except Talendor, Gorenair, Hoshkar, Silverwing, plane of sky named, and Faydedar must be engaged on the spawn, or current roaming point. Zero exceptions. This means you MUST mobilise to, without training, a raid mob (by any means you like) and engage it where it lays or very closeby, with your raid force. The exceptions are for mobs which are not viable to clear to. FTE shouts should be the indication of the above 3 rules being abided by.

5. A repop situation (full server raid mob repop involving VP) follows the FFA definition above. No guild capable of Veeshan’s Peak, may engage an “Epic Cockblock Mob” prior to Phara Dar dieing, or two "raid mobs" dieing. It is in your interest to always be chasing the best items in the game. It is also in your interest to out mobilize and outsmart your competition.

RAID RULES: In the interest of bettering the server.

1. Any guild who engages and kills Phara Dar, forfeits the rights to engage and kill the next ONE “Epic Cockblock Mob” to respawn*4 of the four "Epic Cockblock Mobs". RNG is sometimes your friend. (See Appendix)

2. Any guild who engages and kills Trakanon, may not kill the next to spawn Trakanon. Sharing is caring.

3. If the same guild or alliance kills both Trakanon, and Phara Dar, they forfeit all "epic cockblock mobs" for their next unique respawn, or server repop.

4. Any guild who engages and kills any other raid target (not PD, Trak, CT, Inny, VS) must exclude*5 themselves from killing engaging the next respawn of any raid target until the first attempt has been made and failed by another party, or the next to respawn mob dies to another party. (This excludes VP which can be ‘monopolised’ by one party excepting for rule #4). See Appendix. This is EXCLUSIVE of server repops in which there are no bag limits, excepting the rules on VP guilds and PD first.

5. VP mobs excluding Phara Dar must be left up for 12 hours and unlimited attempts until the end of the 12th hour, in the final calendar 5 days of the month for attempt by any interested keyed parties*6.

APPENDIX
1. DA is good, as any other aggro causes the mob to not do the intended function, and removes any consideration for stalling. It’s on 3 classes and easily farmed idols. Everyone in every guild has a cleric or paladin or necro to position a mob.

2. An increase in persons of a raiding party from ENGAGE to DEATH of 10% is allowable to account for late comers to a raid. If you are a 30 man force at engage, do not be more than a 33man force at death. Reasonable exceptions apply, don't be cocks and you should engage with your full force.

3. A train or raid interference shall affect the liable person more than his or her guild, but should also affect the guild or alliance as a whole for harbouring these people. This includes during a fight, and while mobilising to a fight. If in doubt, clear your train before proceeding to the target.

4. The next single spawn means the next to spawn. Not the entire list. This is entirely up to the RNG, if the next single spawn is CT, then tough titties, if it’s innoruuk, then good for you. But you must sit out that single spawn after competing for and killing PD or Trak as per PNP Rule #1 and #2.

5. If you kill any listed raid target, you may not engage and kill another target to respawn until an attempt has been made on it, successful or not.

6. Keyed parties does not include members or alts of “Veeshan’s Peak Capable Guilds”. The 5 days is for sharing of non PD VP mobs with the server’s keyed people and lower guilds for a generous period of time. In the event a mob is left up more than 12 hours then “Veeshan’s Peak Capable Guilds” roll for it with no repercussions from PNP rule #3. There are no limits on ‘roll streaks’, these are mobs left up FFA for the server and lower keyed guilds to attempt, with no threat to Phara Dar. If they are not attempted they are forfeit by the server to a Veeshan’s Peak Capable Guild to be rolled on.[/color]

Infringements:

I expect that if this proposal were to gain any momentum, a basic set of infringement punishments to be discussed and implemented. Useless to do so by me, and there's already plenty that have these sorts of ideas like councils.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Ok cool

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

motec is a drunk ranting biotch :P but not bad bro

Old 01-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I admire people for coming up with their own take on how raiding should operate, but I'm totally burnt out from it...I think there's a similar feeling around. The real work now is being done between the guilds.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm giving away a lot of mobs...
I don't think that this plan is any worse than some that have been presented, but...

The entitled approach that so many of these suggestions take - giving away mobs - is something that I cannot understand. Giving away implies ownership of resources.

If you're approaching this like you, your guild, or another guild owns the resources and you can magnanimously bestow part of them on others, this is part of the fundamental problem, imo.

Your presence here, as is mine, is solely at Rogean's pleasure. These mobs are not yours to give...nor do they belong to anyone but he who created the world.

Seems to me that insightful people might understand that and comport themselves as guests here rather than pretend to take ownership, by mere fiat alone, of what is in this world. It's a fundamental problem with outlook, I think, that's gotten us where we are today.

If you don't understand this principle, imagine Rogean's hand on the power cord of the server...you might get it then. If/when he pulls the plug, how much of what's here do you have to "give away"?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tldr.. jeez.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Banned

Pan,

Giving away mobs. Is not what it's about. It's about fair competition in the spirit of eq, with none of the p99 crap about fastest javs, engaging while a force logs on, 1-3 people stalling a mob for over 3 mins, pulling sev on spawn to zone while people aren't even awake yet.

Giving away mobs. Is not what I want to achieve. I want those who want to compete, to be in competition. And those who aren't competitive can form arrangements with others to be so. Tracking is a huge toll on guilds, share the load. Having 40 people is a huge toll on guilds, share the load. This proposal specifically targets non IB FE TMO as the power is all in their hands.

The exclusions for mobs are not giving away mobs. They're ensuing a level and position dependent raid scene where people who are capable of the best loot in the game, actively chase that loot rather than everything else and THEN VP unopposed.

There is no entitlement, the single and only concession I make is respecting VP guilds, by removing them from competition for non VP mobs in a manner I see equitable to all. Put yourself in a smaller guilds shoes and see that at no point will you be forced to deal with IB FE or TMO for an innoruuk on repop. You are free to race through the zone and engage him on his spawn, and if in competition, make a fair and reasonable fix. Either by FTE, bidding to do it with less people, a comparison of who killed the most trash to get there, or a simple roll of the dice.

These rules are not a cemented guide to raiding. They are a guide to the spirit of Everquest raiding of old, in a way that can support the huge amount of bodies we have on P99. Nothing is given away, nothing is expected, and it's all based entirely on raid discipline, strategy and people being adults.

I'd like to see alliances and agreements made under these rules. For instance 3 guilds race for CT. Who kills the most trash, and a golem is worth 12 mobs. If it's VS with taken, FE, TMO, and BDA tracking... Why not have a competition every 12 hours of tracking time that the lowest roll forfeits in return for the staying guilds forfeiting another mob, and one by one it becomes fewer guilds.

I say we let strategy, discipline, responsiveness, awarding members, and the dice decide more than having 3 raid alts.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Banned

Also it's insulting to say "any worse". How can people like you be satisified, without a rotation, raid tokens, and 2-3x the current volume of mobs?

Without being constructive we achieve nothing. I've read all the other raid plans. They're simply a 2 guild race for half the month, and a half month holiday to level more alts and farm more junk. Most are hard to manage and involve a lot of tracking of kills and times.

This came 3 weeks late to the party as I specifically wanted to examine what DOESNT work for people, and try and appease the vast majority. Of course, it will never please those who want to schedule Tuesday and Thursday raiding, but temerity did that for 10 years on Mac and were fucking horrible players as a whole. This server breeds excellent eq'ers, and some competition with hope, instead of being shitrolled by DA idols and trains is about the best middle ground from my perspective.

Now once again, it isn't endorsed by IB. It's had mixed feelings. But IB, like many guilds would jump on something equitable like this if it meant the rest of the server was happy to do so, and not a moment sooner. As with any proposal so far.

My favorites have been a bag limit including VP, and Nilbogs. But they didn't gain popular support, so here we are.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Banned

Finally Pan, if "giving away" is what you believe it is, then so be it. But consider what we're giving away. Is it the mob? The loot? Or the chance to engage without us (bad guys). I say the latter. We don't own them, but we most certainly have made them our bitch and restricted them from other folk. (Off the record). So if it means giving the opportunity to fight mobs.... Then sure, here is a giveaway. I can't argue semantics and terminology.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

[QUOTE=Buriedpast;1266024]Also it's insulting to say "any worse"...[QUOTE]

You clearly misunderstand my point - and truly do more to prove it than otherwise.

I realize that you're approaching this with good intent and that you've put a lot of thought into the proposal. And it's one of many that are workable. But that wasn't the point of my post.

Honestly, at this point, I'm pretty uninterested (personally) in the details of any plan. The negotiating process has proved to be a moving target and I don't have a lot of patience with it anymore until some ground rules are laid out and some fundamental questions are answered, such as - who are the arbiters?, what role do the GMs play?, what might a consensus look like?, who is the final decision maker?, one-guild-one vote (or otherwise)?, etc.,??? Until these and other questions are answered about the process itself, I don't expect anything different to come of talks, plans, negotiations, etc.

My post was merely about the point of view from which the majority of these plans are launched. And I take exception to that on a fundamental level. I see us as guests here who should cede to the wishes of the host. And I don't see that echoed in the drivers that cause many of the myriad of plans to be created. The mere use of the phrase, "giving away mobs", gives me pause.
Closed Thread