Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Orc

Default New Warrior question

I played eq in 99. I decided i would roll a warrior for my little group coming back. I'm saving up CB belts and selling them for PP. I figure that's the fastest way to get cash in G fay. I figure i'd buy banded first and then move to bronze. But i don't recall any lower level weapons to look for. you can only rock a cracked staff for so long. Any suggestions?

Also do the armors sell for the old school price of 1pp per ac and 2pp per ac?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Kobold

You should be able to find armor for those prices. EC tunnel is the marketplace here, I would imagine you could find some sort of weapon in your price range; perhaps an obsidian shard. Bone chips sell reasonably well for making plat at the early levels, as do spiderling silks.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Orc

Thanks, i'll make the trip when i have enough saved.

Spiderling silk or Spider silk? Weren't they two different things?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Bronze and Banded both usually go for 1pp/ac. You'll probably have trouble finding them though since not many people bother to sell them. I suggest posting in the EC board here asking for a set. Also look for Rhyse in game I can make you a set of banded if you don't find one.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Orc

Thanks.. What does a set normally run? So I know when i have enough.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Kobold

I honestly havn't found any buyers, I trained up the skills for my own use and my buddy that brought me here. It's a 91 ac set, but I'll do a discount of 75 or so for a full set. Honestly though, if new here (I'm only 15 myself, I know the feeling of running around with twinks surrounding you at every turn) I'll go lower just to be helpful as long as the material costs are covered. BTW I'll be logging on in the next 10-15mins so keep an eye out.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Orc

Someone told me Taunt doesn't work right.. is that true? Should i roll a pally or sk?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak_vander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone told me Taunt doesn't work right.. is that true? Should i roll a pally or sk?
Taunt works as intended, meaning it probably doesn't work how you remember on live.

Earliest taunt:
Could not taunt creatures above your level. Could not taunt any creature above level 50, even if you were above that level (no longer in effect here)

Current:
Increased effectiveness above level 50. Previously, creatures above level 50 could not be taunted by means of the taunt skill. Now, most creatures below the character's level can now be successfully taunted. As a note, the chance to taunt a creature above 50th level is smaller than that of a creature below 50th.

Next change will be post-velious:
Level 60 players with the taunt skill will now have a chance to taunt creatures that are level 60 to 65. Previously, players could only taunt creatures below their level.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Orc

So my friends decided to play "evil" characters so i rerolled an Orge Warrior. Now I realize that armor is very hard to find. Nothing is "large". Do people acutally make LARGE banded?
Last edited by kak_vander; 02-02-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak_vander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my friends decided to play "evil" characters so i rerolled an Orge Warrior. Now I realize that armor is very hard to find. Nothing is "large". Do people acutally make LARGE banded?
The forums are you friend. Use the search feature on the top of your window, use the advanced options, and search only in the EC tunnel forum section for "banded" or "suit of banded" or "large banded" or what have you. Then PM the people who have posts saying that they make it; that will probably be a better bet than watching for them ingame or sitting in EC auctioning.
Closed Thread