Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

It does not help. The poopsocking will commence before the last 15%, and once started it will not stop.

Give us more server repops if you want to see people "race" and split the mobs up beyond just 2-3 guilds.

The FTE message...what if the mob is agro'd and doesn't "attack" because the person agro'd it is out of range (i.e. they nuked it and ran to pull it).

Oh....and if you want to improve the raid scene....ADD VELIOUS
Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to say, I don't really understand how a longer variance is going to hurt the people who have already shown they have absolutely nothing better to be doing than sitting there accomplishing nothing.
Only thing it's hurting is every other Raiding guild wanting to establish this content but TMO/FE...

Simulated repops, or patch day has already concluded that TMO/FE aren't the only ones that get targets...why make windows more painful for the underdogs that don't have the time effort or numbers to wait longer?

Maybe we could...take another stab at a GM enforced Rotation? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was around back when it was in play and now with the number of guilds this seems like one of the best options rather than poop sock competitions... that's all that the variance is composing currently, denying the entire server of shots at epic mobs.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

I thought the idea was. To improve the raid scene not break it more. All this basically does is add more time to variance. I like the idea of random add of time, but couldn't we have done this, while cutting the variance in half. I think all this does is give an even bigger advantage to Fe and tmo on AOL raid targets.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Just a thought why not make random raid timer variances. For instance when trak dies his varience is rolled like 18 to 36 hours, then a second roll determines what time in this varience. This would make it then impossible to know when exactly window closes.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then an error in confirmation on my part.

Back when we were discussing changes about extending the window of a mob's spawn when it fell within the last 15%, I wrote some code to show as an example. Turns out that code ended up staying in and I had forgotten about it, and it went live with the latest compile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog is the founder and co-manager of the project. All major decisions are discussed between him and I, and ultimately he has the final word. He doesn't need to grab anything.
I am aware of his position, however it seems by this circumstance human nature took its course and an error was made by your own admission in which he necessarily didn't sign off on the change from the context given. It would also seem that from the post that Nilbog made later regarding FTE shouts/raid scene that this error will be corrected as more than just this aspect discussed here will be changed or revamped within the raid scene come next patch update. Given that information i would assume this problem will be short lived as the conversation behind the scenes continues.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for even less chance of me ever seeing a raid target. You guys should really add a disclaimer to the front page letting people know before they get hooked that if they want to participate in the raiding scene that they are going to have to quit their jobs.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

This only helps guilds willing to park their entire primary, secondary, or tertiary raid force -- made up of characters they have been buying up for months -- at a target (because that's what constitutes mobilization nowadays) while they play 3rd/4th alts.

At least before, if non-poopsock guilds knew the mob was short in window, it wouldn't be unheard of to hang out for a bit and add to the competition that some of these guilds have allegedly been yearning for.

Doesn't exactly level the playing field. All you've done is given the mob to the guild with the most IP Exemptions so they can log in their raid force the quickest. Not sure if that was the intent here.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Red doesn't have variance. Happier than ever that I made the switch!
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

POOP SOCKING COCKBLOCKING

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 03-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

This won't stop poop socking. TMO and FE are just going to sock to the 15% hour now and then rinse/repeat.

Stop trying to break already broken content and give us velious -- 14 months now? Another 30 raid targets as opposed to us all pissing on each other for the same 5 we've been beating on for 2 years now might be a better solution.

We're all very grateful for the server, but anything worth doing is worth doing correctly.

Don't call this classic if it isn't... Was removing the compass because it wasn't classic more appropriate than this?

And, stop bitching about other guilds not being able to break the scene. This server has seen more rising and falling of the titans than live servers ever did. It takes the right people at the right time and the right amount of dedication and drive. Whether you tell yourselves you can do it or you cannot do it, you're right.
Closed Thread