Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was one of the depressing things I noticed about the Earth mage pet on the server. That pet on old retail would ALWAYS cast root as its first action if it was off of cooldown, and would be summoned with it prepped and ready as its first action available if told to attack. While mages don't get any crowd control options, it could be used as a ghetto method for breaking certain camps (making spider nets unnecessary for that use).

Here, nope. The other issue I have with pet classes in general is how often NPC mobs hit for max damage in comparison to retail. Pets largely don't feel as robust in comparison to Kunark / Velious era in taking camps on.
I remember they made a command to make pets not cast at all because people complained they casted so often.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

P99 has custom AC values for NPCs and pets have been 'nerfed' so to speak in comparison to live during the era. It's beyond obvious for someone who remembers it all to well.

Still, it's fun to play a mage on this server. And if you are fortunate enough to have Epic or even the level 60 water pet and always place it behind the mob (in groups) the dps is really nice with the pet alone. 60 Water pet with BO4 + Muzzle behind a level ~50ish mob does roughly lvl 60 monk level damage.

Shoot, when I was playing my epic pet was out dpsing Chest on Vindi raids.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortimer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember they made a command to make pets not cast at all because people complained they casted so often.
That was POP era or something I think. I don't recall but this sound familiar.

Also, there was a time when Monster Summon pets durning Velious cast their own Damage Shield and they would cast some other buff. But that was hotfixed by Verant. I remember summoning a Shardwurm in Great Divide (on live) that casted a DS on itself. I clearly remember that and it was OP. I can't find it in Lucy history....but I have seen it mentioned in forums or posts on old web pages. That was a while back and I don't have those references on hand.
Last edited by dafier; 09-06-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

how is the 60 water pet w/ water focus staff? dont hear much about that.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

EDIT: I was wrong

The greater focus items (Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water
, Staff of Elemental Mastery: Fire
, Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth
, Staff of Elemental Mastery: Air

Are obtained from high-end mobs and quests. In addition to the same change in appearance and hit points as their lesser counterparts, these staves provide a +1 level bonus to all summoned pets from spell levels 4-60. This allows for pets that can exceed the hit points, melee, and spell damage listed in the tables.

What this means is the level 60 water pet has a chance to be at a summoned level of 49, just like Epic. The dmg both melee and spell max dmg is increased by 2, so theoretically if melee max is 68, it would now be 70 (with the exception of backstab which is like +10). As for HP, it might have like 100 over max. The best buff by far is the level of the mob for the focus items post level 57. The higher the level of pet means it will have a better chance to hit higher level mobs, like raid mobs and special named.
Last edited by dafier; 09-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 09-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

One thing P99 has wrong, after looking at values for MS2 and MS3 is the HP.

The one thing that makes MS2 and MS3 nice is that MS2 should have 3200 HP and MS3 should have 3300 HP. The HP for MS2 is what makes it awesome to use from level 50 to 57. Once you get Earth at 57 switch to it. But the HP it has makes it nice for those levels.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Are the HP wrong for pet or is it other values such as avoidance that are wrong?
Old 09-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

I believe it's only HP but there is no way to know unless P99's DB person(s) come out and let us know what the values are. Which will never happen.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Default blah blah blah post post post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it's only HP but there is no way to know unless P99's DB person(s) come out and let us know what the values are. Which will never happen.
stop posting and find us both a burnt wood staff.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Closed Thread