Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Aviak

Default Suspended, damn to ez.

Figured out what i got suspended for :P I play on EZ from time to time where mq2 is allowed, i remember logging in the other day about the time the red level 1 gnome event was taking place after playing on ez with my mq2 still active, logged out and shut it down almost as soon as i got in, Never used any hacks or cheats on p99, I wont complain about the suspension, i should have paid more attention, and im sure alot of people will think im lying :P but thats okay, because all i had was a lvl 29 druid with 200 plat from porting, So if i were cheating i was doing a piss poor job of it. I'm not happy i got banned for accidentaly logging in for 10 seconds with mq2 running, and wish they would look further into it , but oh wells [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Seems like this story is beginning to get copy and pasted. It's as if a political party all got the memo on what talking points and soundbytes to say in public.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody cares. Why do people keep making threads about themselves being banned.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

In your initial post a day or two ago, didn't you say you had "no idea" what you could have done to be banned? And you are just now remembering that you logged into P99 running MQ2?

If you have MQ2 installed, and you run it regularly, and you 'accidentally' logged into P99 running MQ2 within the last two weeks, then why did you immediately post about how you have no idea how or why you got banned?

You might be telling the truth, but somehow I doubt it.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

open letters are pure win
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

I used MQ2 on projectEQ. I am not surprised that some people might accidentally leave it running when switching over to p1999. What I do not know is whether having it running is enough to be an offensive. Perhaps it's only detected if you actually run a script as opposed to just having MQ2 running? On pEQ they don't allow the scripts that give you tracking abilities or instant movement or autoexperience or overpowering things. But I know some people -do- use them on pEQ. I disabled a lot of the native scripts from running - too clunky.

Fortunately, my account(s) are ok. I must not have left it running.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 08-29-2011 at 11:04 AM..
Old 08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In your initial post a day or two ago, didn't you say you had "no idea" what you could have done to be banned? And you are just now remembering that you logged into P99 running MQ2?

If you have MQ2 installed, and you run it regularly, and you 'accidentally' logged into P99 running MQ2 within the last two weeks, then why did you immediately post about how you have no idea how or why you got banned?

You might be telling the truth, but somehow I doubt it.
Well i really didnt think i was going to get slapped with a suspension over 10 seconds of mq2, i didnt know the suspensions were from mq2 until i read some other posts earlier, And once i did i was like, oooh that sucks.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Aviak

well cyano, my story could easily be verified, If they would look more into it, But ofcourse that's not going to happen :P Like i said earlier if i was hacking i was doing a piss poor job of it, because i busted my ass to get from 23-29, lots of grouping in mistmoore, i had 200 plat on me that i earned from just hitting 29 and being able to port...my druid is dressed in mostly patchwork armor lol, If i wasnt suspended for accidentaly logging in for 10 seconds with mq2 active, then i was wrongfully suspended. that simple.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Kobold

you didnt think you would get banned for running a script program, even for 10 seconds?
I wish this applied to other area's of life.

"No baby it wasnt cheating, the tip was only in her for 10 seconds."
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Project Manager

It's like walking into a bank holding a gun. 1 second..10 seconds, time is irrelevant.

If you cheat on other servers, you'll want to disarm yourself at the amnesty box (server select screen).
Closed Thread